Light-O-Rama Forums

light show

Guest guest

Awesome job, I really like the color sections on the lawn. How many channels are you using? I really liked the intro before Wizards also, by the way who was that running accross the yard? :laughing:

Great job Really

Mike

mike wrote:

Awesome job, I really like the color sections on the lawn. How many channels are you using? I really liked the intro before Wizards also, by the way who was that running accross the yard? :laughing:

Great job Really

Mike
hey thanks! I am using 39 channels. lol, that was my friend trying to get across the yard before the show started but he was obviously to late. lol.

This might sound like a silly question (I have never used any trailers or intros before)but what is the name of the THX Opening that you used before Wizards and where did you get it??? I loved that intro that was VERY cool. I also loved the grid I plan on adding a grid this year and I liked the way you faded it from side to side

VERY COOL

m gardner wrote:

This might sound like a silly question (I have never used any trailers or intros before)but what is the name of the THX Opening that you used before Wizards and where did you get it??? I loved that intro that was VERY cool. I also loved the grid I plan on adding a grid this year and I liked the way you faded it from side to side

VERY COOL

hey thanks a lot. the opening was called "THX Grand" I don't remember were I got it but if you just search for THX sounds then I'm sure you will find something. thats how I did it.

i would reallylike to see it but its not working it says i either dont have java on (im pretty sure it is but i may be wrong) or i need to download the latest macromedia ( i did) so could you maybe post it on youtube? thanx

tyb4 wrote:

i would reallylike to see it but its not working it says i either dont have java on (im pretty sure it is but i may be wrong) or i need to download the latest macromedia ( i did) so could you maybe post it on youtube? thanx

I have it on youtube but I must warn you that it looks HORRIBLE. The frame rate is Terrible. and some of the beats where the lights flash on quickly you can't even see. so just keep that in mind.

Here are the youtube files, if you can, try and view the other ones.

THX opening with wizards of winter

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice. I especially like the use of the net lights on the ground (at least I suppose that is what they are). I think I have a new idea or two to plan for now.

rns

rstephenrrtx wrote:

Very nice. I especially like the use of the net lights on the ground (at least I suppose that is what they are). I think I have a new idea or two to plan for now.

rns
Hey thanks, actually each section on the lawn consists of 600 lights. I weved them back and forth about 2 inches away from each other.

Very nice job! I too think the lawn lights are one of the best parts. I also liked the way you arranged the mini trees so they chase each other. very nice work... especially with 39 channels!!!

How did you weave the lawn lights? I was thinking of making frames with 2x2 and weaving the lights back and forth.

Whitey

FDWhitey wrote:

Very nice job! I too think the lawn lights are one of the best parts. I also liked the way you arranged the mini trees so they chase each other. very nice work... especially with 39 channels!!!

How did you weave the lawn lights? I was thinking of making frames with 2x2 and weaving the lights back and forth.

Whitey
I made a bunch of stakes to keep the strands of lights in the ground. I basically just zig-zagged the lights really close together so I could have a fully lit section.

What I am wondering is what is the spacing for your events? those trees were flying toward the end there, had to be at least .05, or at least I think so. what are you using?

Great job on the layout. I like what you did with the trees, putting them in a circle. Like others said the lawn lights look great too.

Davidt, that version is by Manheim Steamroller. I'm planning on adding that song this year to my display. It was slightly cut in this version. Off the top of my head I can not think of which album it's off of.

Rob

musicman wrote:

What I am wondering is what is the spacing for your events? those trees were flying toward the end there, had to be at least .05, or at least I think so. what are you using?

Great job on the layout. I like what you did with the trees, putting them in a circle. Like others said the lawn lights look great too.

Davidt, that version is by Manheim Steamroller. I'm planning on adding that song this year to my display. It was slightly cut in this version. Off the top of my head I can not think of which album it's off of.

Rob

the spacing, I don't know, I just manually dragged them as close as I could so they were pretty close. the album for the song is Fresh Aire Christmas 1988.

musicman wrote:

Rob

the spacing, I don't know, I just manually dragged them as close as I could so they were pretty close. the album for the song is Fresh Aire Christmas 1988.