Light-O-Rama Forums

How to add device similar to a CCD.

johnson8ryley

I have RGB pixel strips with the exact amount of LED's as a CCR and the same control (I can control every individual led just like the CCR) so it's very similar to a CCR. My question, however, is how to add this into my sequence editor. When I right click a channel and tell it to "insert a device", should I tell it that it's a CCD? If I add a RGB Device (Non-CCD) I'm not sure how to set it up if it say non ccd device. Hopefully I can get some help, thanks.

Assuming the strip is 50 leds, so 150 channels, you can add a DMX device. You will add it for 150 channels and setup the universe it is on. After that right click the very first channel in that newly created category and choose convert to RGB, under that menu select to do this for the next 150 channels. Now you will have 50 RGB channels.

I cant quite understand what exactly you mean but here's what I did. I right clicked, added 150 regular channels, right clicked on the new regular 150 channels, selected channel settings, and changed those channel settings to universe 1 and had the addresses follow in order (1st regular channel=address 1, 2nd regular channel=address 2, so on) created a group of 150 channels, then converted them all to RGB. This may/may not work but I believe I roughly followed your instructions.

I should add that I am running this over E1.31 NOT DMX but I think it will still receive the same signal

Ok to clarify I was adding the device and the channels in one quick sweep. In doing so that way you added the exact channels needed as well inserted the device you will be using with those channels. If you just add say 150 channels below, you now have to convert to RGB, then assign each one its channel in order for your device running them. By adding device it will next prompt you for the device settings, such as DMX, seeing that 1.31 is still DMX you will assign the universe you setup your 1.31 controller to. This will assign the 150 channels starting with the proper DMX universe and channel numbers. Then from there you convert to RGB and bam 50 RGB channels already with universe and channel assignment.

right DMX is over Ethernet

Open Sequence that you want to add the channels to.

Under time scale will begin your channel names.

Right click the last channel name for this example and