Light-O-Rama Forums

Changing normal channel to rgb channel

digdeepfundraising

So it's my first year and after 9 months of reading page after page and watching video after video im sure im ready. I've got all the kit I need and all my sequences done for Halloween and Christmas now for the BUT I have done all my seqeunces with rope light around the house and now I want to change it to rgb so I've brought all the kit to do that is there a easy way to change a normal lor channel to rgb or do I have to add extra rgb channel above and copy the sequence as it won't copy and paste ????

Many thanks as well for everyone that has helped me get this far and the great advice

right click on the channel name, the options will show up, and select change to RGB. Dont forget to assign channels, make sure they do not overlap other channels as well!

"Convert to RGB" will do it, but the two channels below are assumed to be "G" and "B". If not, you might want to just add the new RGB channel and copy, or add two blank channels underneath before the convert.

thank you all for the help it works my first plan was to have 3 rope lights orange,purple and green and just wanted to use 1 rgb to make those colors if i try to change those 3 channels to one rgb i lose all my original colours

so i will still have to program the rgb to be orange,green and purple

Use the color bland tool to get to your colors. A word of warning, so far I have not had much luck with orange. I have to tinker more with it but each strip may not make the colors exactly as you see them. If you have the strips. Make long fades from Red to Green to find orange. Use that cell as your Orange color.

william i have been playing for a week or so now with the rgb and i agree with the orange is very hard to get but now i am going to start changing my sequences to rgb and i can see this is going to take even longer than i thought but man its so much fun BUT THE WIFE THINKS DIFFERENT