Light-O-Rama Forums

power requirements

Guest guest

Ok, I'm only going with 16 channels for this year, but am wondering... Can I plug the two male ends from the LOR unit into the same wall outlet or do I need seperate outlets for the power draw ??

Philip wrote:

Ok, I'm only going with 16 channels for this year, but am wondering... Can I plug the two male ends from the LOR unit into the same wall outlet or do I need seperate outlets for the power draw ??

Depends. Do you know how many amps you are going to pull?

If not, then you will need to determine that first. However, note that in the default configuration, each side can run up to 15amps. Given that most outlets are 15amps, you would be maxing out the capabilities of the circuits if you were to load the controller to it's maximum limits.

Philip wrote:

Philip,

To answere your question... Yes, you can use the same outlet for both plugs.

Tom

there are three outlets on this breaker, front porch, back patio, and garage with a GFCI plug on the garage outlet. I can pretty much ensure that no other power is drawn from the other two while the show would be running.

I'll probably end up with around 7,000 mini lights next year so the draw won't be overkill.

Thanks