Light-O-Rama Forums

Best method(s) for sequencing with all of the lights on

Torqumada286

This is the only way I am able to describe it.

You have all of your lights on and your chases or changes involve turning the lights off, fading, twinkling, shimmering etc.. for the amount of time you need.

What is the best method for doing this? Do you do a sequence with all the lights off, with the transitions in place and then copy and paste those transitions over a sequence in which you have all the lights turned on? Is there some other method to use?

Torqumada

I guess I would do a "Select All" and turn everything on and then work the sequence turning things off as needed.

That's the way I've done reverse chases and such some props.

When I want this effect, I typically sequence it as "lights" off and then use the toggle tool to invert.

Tim Fischer wrote:

When I want this effect, I typically sequence it as "lights" off and then use the toggle tool to invert.

Which toggle is this? I don't remember one from the instructional videos.

Torqumada

Torqumada286 wrote:

You have all of your lights on and your chases or changes involve turning the lights off, fading, twinkling, shimmering etc.. for the amount of time you need.

What is the best method for doing this? Do you do a sequence with all the lights off, with the transitions in place and then copy and paste those transitions over a sequence in which you have all the lights turned on? Is there some other method to use?

Torqumada

You could use the background functionality to achieve this. Create your sequence with the fades, twinkles, shimmers, etc.

Then, you could change to the Background effects (Tools -> Background Effects) and then apply an 'ON' to everything.

With the background effects activated only the cells with nothing in them would be turned on. Thus if you have a 5 second fade over 10 cells, then those 10 cells would not be touched. The cells to either side would be turned on.