Light-O-Rama Forums

Need help on the audio timing.

jpbaily1

So I have up-graded to the latest LOR software and am trying to incorporate video this year.

I ripped my TSO dvd and converted it to WMV and the total lenght is 50 min.

When I am making a new musical sequence it only allows me to use the tapper wizard.

I would prefer to use the VU or beat wiz but they are gohsted so I can't click on those options.

Any reason why they are ghosted? Will I have to chop up the entire video into smaller sections or just deal with the tapper wizard (which I tried and gave up after 1200 taps).

50 minute video? That's going to be a huge file (and I'm talking about the LOR file, not the video file.) If it were me, I would go ahead and break it up into smaller sections (and one song per section at that.)

The Beat Wizard would probably not fair well on a 50 minute audio/video file of that nature, as I expect the time signatures would be all over the map.

Same reason, I guess, the VU meter is grayed out. 50 minutes is a large file, and I suspect there are some memory issues that would come into play.

I think what many people do with video files is rip the audio to MP3 and use that file to sequence to since it will let you use all the tools and then replace the media file with the video when you are ready.

The entire video, I cant imagine the beat wizard would work as the songs are constantly changing. Am I mistaken that the beat wizard does not change through the song, it finds the main beat and lays out the markers from there or is it variable?

You can run the beat wizard on parts of the song by giving it a start and stop time. It works well for songs that change tempo.

Brian Mitchell wrote:

You can run the beat wizard on parts of the song by giving it a start and stop time. It works well for songs that change tempo.

Thats right you can. Thank you Brian.