Light-O-Rama Forums

Need Help please!

Ultamitking73

Been working on this song " the Ballard of the green berets" so far got to 1:49 of 2:28 and the drums aren't matching and there is to many elements not lining up anyone have it or might be able to give me insight on how to polish it please!!!!

Ultamitking73 wrote:

Been working on this song " the Ballard of the green berets" so far got to 1:49 of 2:28 and the drums aren't matching and there is to many elements not lining up anyone have it or might be able to give me insight on how to polish it please!!!!

Set play speed at 1/4. Set play range to visual screen. View wave formate. Zoom way in. watch the timing marks for the beats. I have had very good luck with my timing grid set to .01 seconds.

This is what works for me.

Ultamitking73 wrote:

"Too many elements not lining up."

It almost sounds as if the audio file isn't set up at a constant bit rate. If you haven't already done so, try running it through Audacity.

http://www.lightorama.com/PDF/Audacity_Lame_128Kbps.pdf

Don wrote:

It almost sounds as if the audio file isn't set up at a constant bit rate. If you haven't already done so, try running it through Audacity.

http://www.lightorama.com/PDF/Audacity_Lame_128Kbps.pdf

The bit rate is fine I look at the wave form and i hear drums but can't pinpoint where to hit the light switch so to speak I am going to try slowing down to 1/4 and try that Audacity on the other hand my computer has never liked but thanks for the insight.

Gman .....Just tried to slow it to 1/4 speed HOLLLLLY COW!!!! Now that will help thank you thought it would be to awkward to do it that way but wow what a tool lol thank you

Ultamitking73 wrote:

Gman .....Just tried to slow it to 1/4 speed HOLLLLLY COW!!!! Now that will help thank you thought it would be to awkward to do it that way but wow what a tool lol thank you

You bet! Even a nubie like me can help sometimes!

very true I have seen the play speed before but was afraid to touch it til now lol thought what do i have to lose i don't have to save it if i use it but man it has made a HUGE difference thanx guys

How do you guys get the 1/4 speed to work, everytime I try it sounds just like the 1/2 speed