Light-O-Rama Forums

is there a way to add time to the end of a song?

irene

hello experts - i am doing william tell overature for my 4th of July show. at the end of the song i would like to scroll the words - thanks brother, USS Ranger. he served in the navy and this was their theme song whenever they pulled into port. how can i add time to the end of the song for this purpose. i can add time on my program but it shuts off when the music quits. i am sorry if this has been asked before but i could not find anything looking through the fourms. thanks for your time!!

The LOR software will end a musical sequence when the music is over. You will need to do one of two things.

1) Add time to the music file via an external editor.

2) Create a second sequence and have it run right after the first one. It is in this sequence that you would add the scrolling text.

You can use the sound editor program Audacity to add silence to the end of your audio file.

Like Jerry and Don said, you'll need to either create an animation sequence for the words, or add a long silence to display the words within the same musical sequence using a music editor of some type.

As the SE won't extend the sequence. Whatever you use to run your shows, Showbuilder, DC-MP3 Showtime Director, etc. will stop as soon as it gets to the end of the music and go on to the next sequence.

Funny that you can END a song in the SE prematurely, and it will play up until that point and quit at the time you shrank it down to, but it won't go past it if you need, or want, to extend more time to the sequence.

I thought it would do that too when I first started, hey it lets me end the song early, so shouldn't it also allow me to add some extra time in the same manner and continue?

Unfortunately, again, the SE doesn't allow extended time, only premature ending of the music.

Although I don't know why this couldn't possibly be added to the SE for those wanting to extend a sequence.

Don/Dan or ANY LOR associate: Is there any reason why the SE can't be set up to allow for extending a sequence?

Orville wrote:

Don/Dan or ANY LOR associate: Is there any reason why the SE can't be set up to allow for extending a sequence?

With the understanding that I'm not a software programmer, and I don't know the reasons why ...

The LOR Sequence Editor isn't an audio editor. The end of the sequence has to be at some point. I would imagine there is some programming reason why the sequence ends at the end of the music.

With that said, I wouldn't want them to change it. Just my opinion, but it would introduce another set of issues that would have to be dealt with when a problem comes up.

Don wrote:

Orville wrote:

With the understanding that I'm not a software programmer, and I don't know the reasons why ...

The LOR Sequence Editor isn't an audio editor. The end of the sequence has to be at some point. I would imagine there is some programming reason why the sequence ends at the end of the music.

With that said, I wouldn't want them to change it. Just my opinion, but it would introduce another set of issues that would have to be dealt with when a problem comes up.

Good point. I have no problem with the current set up in the way it ends.

Just thought I'd ask if there may have been a specific reason that it doesn't or couldn't extend a sequence.