Light-O-Rama Forums

Mannheim Steamroller - Hallelujah LOR1

Santas Helper

Hello everyone,

I seemed to have lost a sequence I had a while back.

It's Mannheim Steamroller's Hallelujah. I am needing it in LOR1 format.

I have the music, just not the sequence. If anyone has it that they could share, I would really appreciate it. Even just the timing or basic sequence (again, in LOR1). My email is frightnight(at)cox.net of course the @ needs to replace the "at".

I thank you in advance.

Santas Helper wrote:

Nobody has it?
LOR1???

I don't think I was alive waaay back then!!

Maybe Fred and Wilma have it... :)

jimswinder wrote:

Santas Helper wrote:
Nobody has it?
LOR1???

I don't think I was alive waaay back then!!

Maybe Fred and Wilma have it... :)

Jim, I already checked with them and they didn't have it. ;)

I believe its the 1.6.9. I know it was the latest version in the LOR1 format before S2 came out. I also have the 1.4 and 1.5 exe file versions that I never deleted.

If you have it, I would be very greatful to see it and use it for timing marks.

Santas Helper wrote:

I don't mean to beat a dead drum, but if you had something even as antique as S2, v2.0 you could use the Beat Wizard to create those timing marks in about five seconds.

George Simmons wrote:

Santas Helper wrote:

I don't mean to beat a dead drum, but if you had something even as antique as S2, v2.0 you could use the Beat Wizard to create those timing marks in about five seconds.

George, that's perfectly fine. And you're right. But...

I use my breaks and lunch at work to sequence and cannot upgrade LOR until I get a new computer. Currently it has LOR1 along with my home computers so I can transfer sequence back and forth. If I upgrade at home, I can't work sequences at work. And since I just moved to a new home, I have to rework all my sequences for this year.

I do appreciate your input though.

Santas Helper wrote:

I use my breaks and lunch at work to sequence and cannot upgrade LOR until I get a new computer. Currently it has LOR1 along with my home computers so I can transfer sequence back and forth. If I upgrade at home, I can't work sequences at work. And since I just moved to a new home, I have to rework all my sequences for this year.

I had a similar situation last year with S2 (2.7.something) on an older PC at the office and S3 on my home PC. I agree it was a bit of a pain having a one-way data flow, in that I couldn't open current sequences at the office. But it was workable to create a .lcc for the old PC where I could sequence new display elements at the office and then copy those into the "current" sequence at home.

In my case, I finally bit the bullet and upgraded my office PC so it could handle S3. Man - what a difference between then and now! And that was between an older version of S2 and S3. I can't even imagine what it's like to still be in the S1 world.

You certainly don't need me to lecture you, but if you've never used S3 (or even S2, for that matter) you're missing out on some excellent tools. Although I don't share it, I recognize the need that some people have to be able to say that they did it the hard way. If you're one of those people, then God bless you and have at it. But the fact is, it doesn't matter how good you are sequencing or how comfortable you feel wearing your old S1 shoes... the tools and features you're not using will improve the quality of your work and cut your sequencing time AT LEAST in half. Just saying...

George Simmons wrote:

Santas Helper wrote:

I had a similar situation last year with S2 (2.7.something) on an older PC at the office and S3 on my home PC. I agree it was a bit of a pain having a one-way data flow, in that I couldn't open current sequences at the office. But it was workable to create a .lcc for the old PC where I could sequence new display elements at the office and then copy those into the "current" sequence at home.

In my case, I finally bit the bullet and upgraded my office PC so it could handle S3. Man - what a difference between then and now! And that was between an older version of S2 and S3. I can't even imagine what it's like to still be in the S1 world.

You certainly don't need me to lecture you, but if you've never used S3 (or even S2, for that matter) you're missing out on some excellent tools. Although I don't share it, I recognize the need that some people have to be able to say that they did it the hard way. If you're one of those people, then God bless you and have at it. But the fact is, it doesn't matter how good you are sequencing or how comfortable you feel wearing your old S1 shoes... the tools and features you're not using will improve the quality of your work and cut your sequencing time AT LEAST in half. Just saying...

Just saying...I agree. Well said George.

George Simmons wrote:

I appreciate that George and one of these days I will upgrade. The bad thing is, I have no control of my computer at work. They have us locked down at downloading programs. When we get new computers, they give us a day to transfer and download needed software and programs and that's when I download LOR under the radar. After that, I can't download nothing without getting approval thru the main office and LOR is not on their list of programs to have on our computers.

Believe me, I would if I could.

Also, I tried to change an S2 or S3 sequence to work in LOR1 and never got it to work. If you have a way of doing that, I would like to hear it.

Thanks,

I could be wrong, and someone will certainly come along and point it out if I am, but I'm unaware of any way to get a S2 or S3 sequence to open in S1. Kind of like trying to teach algebra to a goldfish...

George Simmons wrote:

Kind of like trying to teach algebra to a goldfish...

Attached files 316199=17264-fish math.jpg

jimswinder wrote:

George Simmons wrote:
Kind of like trying to teach algebra to a goldfish...

Man jim that's funny!!!