Light-O-Rama Forums

why??

mf123

i use 2 laptops to sequence my lights... so i created a template for my 2012 Halloween light show. unfortunately, i can not copy parts of the song on the second laptop. all i get is an err. please tell me how to unlock my sequence.
and happy Easter... ;)

Save your template as well as your sequences to the same folder, what I do is this.

I sequence my songs on up to 4 different computers I keep my music as well as my sequence in the same directory and what I do as well as many others is have a shared directory call it "Halloween 2012" or better and easier yet use dropbox.com as your shared folder for your music as well as your sequence. That's so you can be anywhere with an internet connection and work on your sequences and when you open on another computer. there's your saved work

and the greatest thing about dropbox, or any other "cloud" server is your work is saved in a 3rd location so if you lose your laptops, I know that's an extreme but you will still have all your hard work when you get a new computer

mf123 wrote:

i use 2 laptops to sequence my lights... so i created a template for my 2012 Halloween light show. unfortunately, i can not copy parts of the song on the second laptop. all i get is an err. please tell me how to unlock my sequence.
and happy Easter... ;)

When you say, "copy parts of the song" are you referring to the ability to cut/paste events when the sequence is loaded on the second computer?

If so, then at the time you created your sequence on the original computer, it was most likely running in demo mode.

I can't remember if LOR has updated the software with regards to this. If they have, then you should be able to open the sequence on the original computer (and make sure that copy of LOR is registered!) and re-save the sequence. It will then work correctly on the second computer.

However, I've not yet gotten the 2nd cup of coffee down this morning, so I might be wrong on that. If that fails, or you don't have access to the original computer, then visit lightorama.com/support and put in a ticket there. They can help you get the sequence unlocked.