Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding quiet space in yoyr shows with Mini-director.

Torqumada286

This is my first year with the LOR system. I've been working on my sequences for Halloween. This week, I got the mini director. Last night, I plugged everything up and put a few of the sequences I have worked on to an SD card and fired up the system. Everything worked well, but I noticed that I'm going to need a few seconds of quiet time between some of the sequences so things aren't jarring for the viewer. How can you do that?

Torqumada

I think the easiest way is to make a animated not music sequence with maybe all the lights on or all off if thats what you want and the loop it for how long you want

You can add a few seconds to the end of your sequences using the change time feature. This will give you a delay between each song.
Or when setting up the show you can pick the order of songs and select a delay after each.

Torqumada286 wrote:

Everything worked well, but I noticed that I'm going to need a few seconds of quiet time between some of the sequences so things aren't jarring for the viewer.

I'm curious what your display is doing to the viewers that necessitates a rest time? :shock: Jarring...that sounds serious!

Either your sequencing is incredibly (and literally) breath-taking, or there is so much darn erratic blinking that they need time to recover from their seizures. ;)

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Torqumada286 wrote: 
Everything worked well, but I noticed that I'm going to need a few seconds of quiet time between some of the sequences so things aren't jarring for the viewer.

I'm curious what your display is doing to the viewers that necessitates a rest time? :shock:  Jarring...that sounds serious!

Either your sequencing is incredibly (and literally) breath-taking, or there is so much darn erratic blinking that they need time to recover from their seizures.  ;)

There is no transition time from the Phantom of the Opera to the Doctor Who theme. I think there should be a pause there.

Torqumada

Torqumada286 wrote:

Surfing4Dough wrote:
Torqumada286 wrote:

I'm curious what your display is doing to the viewers that necessitates a rest time? :shock: Jarring...that sounds serious!

Either your sequencing is incredibly (and literally) breath-taking, or there is so much darn erratic blinking that they need time to recover from their seizures. ;)

There is no transition time from the Phantom of the Opera to the Doctor Who theme. I think there should be a pause there.

Torqumada

Just playing with you!

The best way is what Shubb suggested--use an mp3 editor (Audacity) to add 2-3 seconds of silence to the end of the Phantom and lengthen the light sequence by that much too (probably with all lights off).

Another way would be able to add a blank 3 second sequence in between the two. This would only make sense to do if you don't know how to do the first solution above.

Attached is such a blank sequence you could use.

Attached files 3secondBlankAnimation.las

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Torqumada286 wrote:
Surfing4Dough wrote:
Torqumada286 wrote: 

I'm curious what your display is doing to the viewers that necessitates a rest time? :shock:  Jarring...that sounds serious!

Either your sequencing is incredibly (and literally) breath-taking, or there is so much darn erratic blinking that they need time to recover from their seizures.  ;)

Torqumada

Just playing with you!

The best way is what Shubb suggested--use an mp3 editor (Audacity) to add 2-3 seconds of silence to the end of the Phantom and lengthen the light sequence by that much too (probably with all lights off).

Another way would be able to add a blank 3 second sequence in between the two.  This would only make sense to do if you don't know how to do the first solution above. 

Does the mini-director do animated sequences? For some reason I am thinking it only does the musical ones.

Torqumada

Torqumada286 wrote:

Surfing4Dough wrote:
Torqumada286 wrote:
Surfing4Dough wrote:
Torqumada286 wrote:

Torqumada

Just playing with you!

Another way would be able to add a blank 3 second sequence in between the two. This would only make sense to do if you don't know how to do the first solution above.

Does the mini-director do animated sequences? For some reason I am thinking it only does the musical ones.

Torqumada

Does both. I use both on mine. When you load the sequence, you might have to change the drop down menu to choose animation sequences (since by default it looks for musical sequences). Change the file type to "all types" or "animation sequences". That will allow you to now choose an animation to upload to the card.