Light-O-Rama Forums

Error when opening Visualizer

Box on Rails

I receive this error when opening LOR Visualizer ver. 3.2.4 "the dimmer curve is invalid or corrupt." I had Ver. 3.1.x and received this message so I renewed my license to 3.2.4 and reloaded the software thinking it would take care of the error. No luck.... still getting the error in 3.2.4. Any help would be appreciated.

Kenny

Sounds like you deleted/moved or somehow the dimming curve file is bad.

Look in your LOR Data directory under Visualizations/Curves. You should see a file in there called 'StandardDimmingCurve.xml'

(For me, the full path on my Vista machine is: C:My DocumentsLight-O-RamaVisualizationsCurvesStandardDimmingCurve.xml)

I'll attach a zip with the fille in it. Extract it and copy it over the existing one. Start up the Vis and the error should go away.

If you still get the error, you may want to completely uninstall then re-install LOR S3. That may clear up some weird pointer issues.

Attached files StandardDimmingCurve.zip

DevMike
Thanks. I tried changing the file with yours. No luck, I completely removed LOR and reinstalled with no luck. I did the latter 3 tines and switched the file with yours and no luck still getting the error. It does not seem to be effecting the use of Visualizer so I will just deal with it until it becomes a real issue. thanks again :)

Kenny

update:
I upgraded to 3.2.4 to another computer I have and I am not getting any errors on that computer. funny thing is both computers are HP Netbooks bought within a week of each other from Verizon. Both operating systems are the same only difference is the hard drive size.

• 4 months later...

I am getting this same error message. It just started appearing when I open the visualizer. I have tried completely removing all LOR software from my computer, rebooting, downloaded an new copy of LOR 3.5, then ran the installation program. No luck, the visualizer still gives me the error message. There has been no new software installed on this computer since I originally installed LOR so the problem should not be a software conflict. I have been using this computer for over a year with no problems until today.