Light-O-Rama Forums

How to create a static light condition between shows?

PAnorthpole

How does one create a static light condition between musical sequences.
I assume you develope a timed squence with all channels turned on would be one way. Or could you add a loop at the end of musical sequence to activate all channels.

Since I have not yet developed the show builder is there a way in this program to create the same?
This is my first year to build a show and not certain I want to run a continous musical show. Looking to add may be a fifteen minute period between shows of time with just static lights. I will be using a mini-director for the program source.

Thanks for your help!
PAnorthpole

Keep in mind that with the mini-director you are going to be using the Hardware Utility (MP3 tab) to create your shows.

The mini-director gives you one option for running/scheduling shows, which would be "run when powered."

You might consider creating a 15 minute animation sequence, and then put it into the rotation where you want the breaks to occur. For example, if you want 3 songs to play, then a 15 minute break, you would create the show just like that. The 3 songs, and then the 15 minute animation sequence. The mini-director would then repeat that until you remove power from it.

That was very helpful Don and I understand I need to develope a animation squence for the time period I wish the program to operate in a static condition.

Now my next question and I should have looked in the Mini Director set up guide would be ..... How does the director know to repeat all the musical or animation sequences at the end of the program?

Thanks so much Don, this seems to be a trial and error journey for me.

PAnorthpole

Long story short, you can choose between Loop through Showlist continuously or Play through Showlist one time only. (See page 22 for more details on that.)

Reading the mDM-MP3 director instructions page 13 I found this confusing to me. My present software in the Simple Show Builer allows me to create a single show with multiple musical sequences to a SD card. How ever it states "non-interactive show"
What does this mean?
I am looking to create a show with multiple musical sequences to repeat at the end of the chosen sequences. seemingly it looks easier to bild this show in the Simple Show Builder, but it may require me to use the Hardawre program
1. Simple Show Builder – this application
creates a single, non-interactive show. It is
simple and intuitive to use.
2. Hardware Utility – this application allows
access to the full capabilities of the
miniDirector. Multiple shows with interaction
are possible.

Thanks Again, hate to be a pest but this has really confused me. I am thankful for all your help
PAnorthpole

I don't use the simple show builder, thus I tend to forget about it sometimes.

If all you are doing is "song, song, song, animation, song" etc... then you can use the simple show builder to create the show for the mini-director.

If you were going to use an interactive trigger (example: push a button to start the show) then you would need to program it in the hardware utility.