Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence music timing

htebault

This thread has been very helpful and instructive. I have another item about sequencing with LOR.

In video editing, I have tools that allow me to manually shift the point of edit/playback manually back and forth to find just the correct frame/point to edit. This is something that I am missing in LOR.
Is there a feature request to add such a manually controlled pointer?
In video editing - it is often shown above the edit line, and marked using a triangle shape. Clicking on the triangle and moving it left or right moves both the image and sound tracks allowing exact positioning.

I just realized that if I hover over the waveform, I have options on how it displays - Full, Fold or Top mode. Default is Full. This does give a better visual on seeing the music dynamics.

htebault wrote:

I just realized that if I hover over the waveform, I have options on how it displays - Full, Fold or Top mode. Default is Full. This does give a better visual on seeing the music dynamics.

I use the "Wave Forum" tool a lot as I mentioned, but you just showed me something that I never seen before.

When I keep the "fore ground" wave forum blue & change the colour of the "back Ground" to green it looks cool & it might help see the wave forum more better.

As nice as those effects look I prefer the "Full Mode" tool but scaled down to get a clear distinct beat.

For me that was a nice find or maybe not because now I may go back & forth between "modes". ;)

I almost NEVER used fixed timings.

I use the tapper, tap out the BEAT of the song (ie quarter notes)then "add timings" to each individual timing. if you add 7 timings to each beat , you will have 32 note timing grid. Add 3 to get 16th note. With just a little time, you have a grid that is always "in time " with the song. Even if the song changes speed, you can still copy/paste from anywhere else, because there are the same number of timings in a "beat".

...but then I used to play drums in a band and have pretty good beat.