Light-O-Rama Forums

How to transfer sequences between computers?

PAnorthpole

I am atempting to transfer completed sequences to my laptop computer. The desktop computer with Vista operating system to a laptop with Windows 7

I have copied 4 files of the completed sequence LMS,BAK,LCS,LSV to a memory stick from my sequence file on the desk top.

Now to the laptop!
1. Sequence editor opens
2. Go to existing sequence file folder
3. Look in....removable disk E
4. Double click on E and one file is shown lms. {I assummed it has combined the other three files}
5. I double click on this file and the editor screen appears, formatted with the programmed sequence. 6.Attempt to play; POP UP APPEARS!!!!!CANNOT FIND MEDIA FILE

This is where I need some HELP and directions on how to find the media file?

Thanks in advance

PAnorthpole

The audio is stored in the "Audio" directory. This directory is in the same area as your Sequences folder.

Copy the Audio from the source computer and copy it to the destination computer. If the paths on the two computers are different, you will need to "Edit -> Media File" to select the media file again.

Thanks Don

If I understand this correctly, a completed sequence with music will contain LMS,BAK,LCS,LSV file & a AUDIO FILE

I assumed the audio was combined within the four files I copied.
You have been very helpful!
Thanks Again

PAnorthpole

Worth noting:
.BAK = Backup file. Auto created each time you save a sequence.
.LCS = Compressed sequence. Forgot off the top of my head when it's created, but used in the running of your shows.
.LSV = Stores the visual aspects (zoom, etc.) you used within that sequence.

The only things you *have* to copy is the .LMS file and the audio file. Copying the rest of them wouldn't hurt, but wouldn't affect the sequence.

Sorry to say I am a little confused.
Sounds to me I need to start a NEW Sequence on my laptop and copy the musical file to the sequence. But how do I then import the LVS file into that sequence?

This is first time transfer for me!

Thanks Again & Again
PAnorthpole