Light-O-Rama Forums

Downloading seq's

drivemewilder

I just downloaded a sequence using 6 CCR's. I currently do not own superstar and i'm running S2. The file was saved to my pc but when i open it, i get an error dialog stating that "no channel group with saved index 1360 found." I have no clue what i need to do next. All help is appreciated.

I think what you need to do next is upgrade to S3. It sounds like the sequence is too sophisticated for your software version.

If I had to guess, I would say that the sequence you downloaded was created with S3, and uses Groups. S2 can't read the Groups, so it errors out.

I hope you're both right, that would be an easy fix. Although an expensive one. Oh well, i plan on adding another controller when they are on sell...and from what i've read it's best to buy the starter package + controller to save a few bucks.

If you have a license already, a starter kit is going to cost you more (depending on your current license level.)

The renewal is $29.
Starter kit: $43.85

Well, now that I think about it (and yeah, actually look at the site)... regardless of your license level, the starter kit is going to cost more.

I currently own the Advanced license level, the more expensive of the S2. I don't mind updating to S3 regardless of price, within reason, i just want some assurances that it will fix my problem. I emailed the fella that sent me the sequence and asked if he used S3, although i'm certain that he did. I've recieved sequences from people before and it worked fine, but this is the first CCR sequence i've ever recieved.

Guest Don Gillespie

drivemewilder wrote:

I currently own the Advanced license level, the more expensive of the S2. I don't mind updating to S3 regardless of price, within reason, i just want some assurances that it will fix my problem. I emailed the fella that sent me the sequence and asked if he used S3, although i'm certain that he did. I've recieved sequences from people before and it worked fine, but this is the first CCR sequence i've ever recieved.

I would say chances are thats exactly what the guy used is S3 wait for his e-mail then you know for sure