Light-O-Rama Forums

Intensity Setting

welder_man12

Hey there everybody. Just wodering how to change the intensity setting for twinkle and shimmer. Its set at 50 now and would like to go down to around 30.

Thanks in advance.

you have to do custom shimmer,twinkle. click on the star and it will light up the custom icons

There are a couple things you can do to achieve the look.

If you go to help and type in shimmer you will see some

But what you are really trying to do is a custom effect. So search help (index tab) for custom.

You can make a custom twinkle, shimmer, fade, etc...

Play around with it. Also play around with the hardware utility. You can learn what background and forground effects can do for you.

If it's at 50 now, then I think you already are using custom twinkle and shimmer (the regular twinkle and shimmer tools produce them at 100% intensity, not 50%).

To change it to 30, use a custom twinkle (or shimmer) and open up the intensity settings dialog, which you can do by clicking the toolbar button that looks like this:

toolstoolbarintensitysettings.png

For more information, search for "Intensity Tool Settings" on this help page. You may also be interested in "Intensity Tool Options", "Fade Tool Settings", and "Fade Tool Options", also on that page.

I know what your doing wrong, when you use the customize button as Bob pointed out the icons the right of that icon will illuminate. That is where you setup your shimmer, intensity or fades. So you click the custom Icon, then choose your effects on the right of the icon not the left which turns off custom.

I was doing the same thing in the demo and it was driving me nuts. Once I watched Bob's videos on custom fade/shimmer/chase its all made so much sense on why I was failing so badly. Remember once you push the custom button the ones on the right you can combine effects, the ones on the left are that effect only.