Light-O-Rama Forums

Programing CCR's

IGOR

Can someone walk me through programming CCR's? I just got the 16 channel controller figured out. I now need to get the programming for the CCR's worked out. 1,How do you allocate them on the sequence? 2,How do you light up the pixels you want? There is alot to learn and very little info on it. I spent a whole day trying to talk to the controller through the Hardware Utility. Every thing programmed up just fine Still nothing worked till I did a hard reset on the controllers now they test fine. The pamphlet didn't say anything about doing it. Need steps and where to go to get info. Thanks or any help!

How many CCRs do you have? Are they set up as single arches or double? Is it already mounted and outside or in a test mode?

To add a CCR to an existing sequence you right click on the channel names to get the context menu. Select add device. This will insert all the RGB channels. It programs like any other set of channels. your main tool will be the chase tool to repeat and shift a pattern.

I have 2 CCR's that will make 2 arches each for a total of 4 arches. 1 controller on the left and the second in the middle. Going left to right as you look at the arches.
Calling them RGB is new. I'll work on that and see what works. Thanks!

Here are direct links to some useful documents.

http://www.lightorama.com/PDF/QuickStartGuideForColorRibbon.pdf
http://www.lightorama.com/PDF/CR150D_Man_Web.pdf
http://www.lightorama.com/Documents/CosmicColorPixel_Man_Web.pdf

I will try to find a good sample CCR sequence for you. PM me your email address.

• 1 month later...

Hey Bob, first off, I love your videos :) :) :) :)

#2 I thought of a better way to ask about my desired chase effect. Is there a way to chase your CCRs to the 'beat' of a song? In other words, when you use the beat wizard and establish in a blank channel where the music 'beats' to, I want to have a chase effect that moves away or towards the controller at the same speed as the beat of the song and copy it so it is like a moving dash of lines. Does that make sense lol ?

Oh good, glad its coming together for you.
Page 22 is the beat chase macro. Did'nt realize you were asking about macros. Did you try the MacroMaestro program found on my software page? It gives you an example of each including the strobe macros not found in that doc.

What song are you working on?

ItsMeBobO wrote:

Oh good, glad its coming together for you.
Page 22 is the beat chase macro. Did'nt realize you were asking about macros. Did you try the MacroMaestro program found on my software page? It gives you an example of each including the strobe macros not found in that doc.

What song are you working on?

Me too :) Just curious...is it easier/better to use macros versus programming individually? They both accomplish the same thing, why not use macros if they're easier to program the song?

I'll check out your macromaestro program. Not sure what it is, but sounds neat.

I'm currently working on three songs: Michael Jackson - Thriller, Black Eyed Peas - Just Can't Get Enough, and This is Halloween from Nightmare before Christmas soundtrack.