Light-O-Rama Forums

Where to buy Cord ends

Guest guest

I want to purchase the LOR ctb-16d controller board and put it in my own enclosure, but I am having problems finding the input and output cords I will need. I have been looking on mouser.com but I cant seem to locate the correct ends and lengths that I need. Could anyone please help me out with where to buy and part numbers would be a big help. thanks in advance.

For my controllers, I found some very cheap six outet strips at Fry's for about $2 each and I chopped off the strip part. They are rated for 15A, so it's pretty thick wire.

For the individual channels, I used custom length SPT2 wire and wired them directly to the board. Sure it's not as nice and it takes longer to set up, but it saved me the cost of not having to buy extra channel cords. Eventually I think I will use some female SPT2 connectors and make some custom channel cords. That would cost about $1 a channel (one SPT2 female connector and one SPT2 male connector) verses $2.50 a channel for a male SPT2 connector and a cord from LOR.

Since I am keeping my controllers in the house I wired all of mine to duplex outlets. On 2 of my 3 LOR controllers I ran one hot to the hot terminal on the duplex, another hot to the neutral on the duplex than used the ground for the actual neutral so I can have one cord with two ends on it running to the yard since most of my runs are 150-200' long.

Just another thought.