Light-O-Rama Forums

2007 Display

Guest guest

When looking at the web store on Lightorama.com, I get really confused when trying to decide what to buy? I want to build my own kits, but which one will best suit me? I know I want the 16 channel boards with at least 30 Amps per board. I just put a 400 amp service in my house when I added on and I have lots of wooden cutouts, wireframes and inflatables. I two 10' Mega tree kits from Darryl that I am going to use and am also looking into the Flag Pole Mega Tree. I would like to put up around 80,000 lights. Can somebody explain the differences in the types of products?

Thanks

There are 4 DIY kits with LOR. Two for standard boards and two for deluxe boards. Then each type can either come with the heatsinks for lower amps (15 total not sure what each channel can handle) or the bigger heatsinks (40 total amps) 20 amps per bank, 8 max per channel.

tomko wrote:

What is the difference between Standard and Deluxe?

A deluxe model is capable of running a show without the aid of a computer. However, it should be noted it can only run ANIMATION, not musical. The deluxe model can send out the commands to other units in the chain. A standard model can only receive them.

Musical sequences require the aid of a computer, or MP3 director. Unless Dan or John jump in and correct me, you don't need a deluxe model to run musical sequences with the computer or MP3, as all they are doing is receiving commands.

tomko wrote:

So if I am just running Musical sequences from my computer, all I need is the standard, correct?

I personally like the deluxe models because they have the unit id switches on them. It's worth the extra $10 to me.