Light-O-Rama Forums

spiral tree sequencing (need help)

cappy

hello again every one i need your help. I built a spiral tree this year and i am having a heck of a time trying to program it, even with the sequences people kindly shared. i am not at all good with putting my ideas into sequence put im trying, I watched a video of Belardo lights spiral tree on you tube his sequenceing is great . can anyone share a sequence to get my tree to look like its spinning like his

thanks in advance

Karl,
Just wanted to say thanks for sharing your spiral tree sequence. I'm using it right now. Just finished hooking up my tree. It looks awesome.

BIG THANK YOU!

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking about doing two next year in my show. Can ypou please share with me. I would like to do at least two 12 footers..

Just noticed I did have a reply. I see the las file and I am not at my computer that runs the file. I will not have it till next week. Any sequences that have the spiral tree would be helpful. I have made up my mind to do a couple for next years show.. Wife is going to hang me for sure.. Better start hiding some money back. LOL

Please display his link for the video. Not sure which one this is. Thanks again for all the help.

I started back in in October with My spiral tree. Making it and trying different sequences to get the affect I wanted. I have attached some of the patterns with the visualizer.

There are 9 patterns in the zip file.

Attached files Spiral.zip

Thanks to all who have shared as I am also looking at tackling a small spiral tree in 2012. These are a lot of help.

Agree Nancy.. I would like to do one this year also. Little scared to tackle a big project.. I have started sequencing and spent many hours on the song so far. Thanks again for all that have share as a rookie tries to talk his wife into a few more controllers..

What type of ring and cable are being used? LED or mini's? I really want to do one this year.

Jeff

My tree is 20 feet tall and is using 16 channels. All blue mini lights, 2 strands per channel, 150 lights per strand (100 plus 50) and almost two revolutions. I would not use the mini lights because the blue lights fade quickly. The 2 months I had the tree in my back yard, the blue lights faded in half. I am looking to use the 5mm wide angle LED lights, if I can get a good price. I used Dupli-Color blue spray paint to repaint the lights, but was able to only paint a few lamps. I used 1/8" cable as the wires to tie the lights to. The wire is thin enough that when it collapses and coils up nicely, it is like a heavy brick layers string.

Attached files 301336=16584-IMG_0703a.JPG