Light-O-Rama Forums

So lost that it isn't even funny!

JeremiahCurtis84

Surfing4Dough wrote:

After you attach the media file to a particular sequence, then you have to re-save the sequence in order for it to save it that way.
I do this, and I still cannot open that file with the media function-able

JeremiahCurtis84 wrote:

do I have to have the controllers present and hooked up in order to set them to the same assigned controller numbers?

Not sure how many controllers you have, but if you bought them new, each controller will come already assigned as "Unit 01". So if you have more then one controller, you will need to re-assign the additional controllers (otherwise they will all be clones of each other). So if you have 32 channels in your sequence, half of them should be for Unit 01 and half for Unit 02. When your controllers arrive, you will then have to change the Unit ID on that 2nd controller to "02". (and likewise if have more than 2 controllers).

Surfing4Dough wrote:

JeremiahCurtis84 wrote:
do I have to have the controllers present and hooked up in order to set them to the same assigned controller numbers?

Not sure how many controllers you have, but if you bought them new, each controller will come already assigned as "Unit 01". So if you have more then one controller, you will need to re-assign the additional controllers (otherwise they will all be clones of each other). So if you have 32 channels in your sequence, half of them should be for Unit 01 and half for Unit 02. When your controllers arrive, you will then have to change the Unit ID on that 2nd controller to "02". (and likewise if have more than 2 controllers).
I will have 32 channels ;-)

However, I may not use all 32 channels I may just use 6-10 channels on each controller

JeremiahCurtis84 wrote:

Surfing4Dough wrote:
JeremiahCurtis84 wrote:

I will have 32 channels ;-)

However, I may not use all 32 channels I may just use 6-10 channels on each controller

You should determine that soon since if you are going to just use 8 or less on each controller (less than 16 total) then you might as well just use one controller rather than 2 (less to setup and assign).

JeremiahCurtis84 wrote:

Surfing4Dough wrote:
After you attach the media file to a particular sequence, then you have to re-save the sequence in order for it to save it that way.
I do this, and I still cannot open that file with the media function-able

What file? The only files you should deal with are the LMS files. Don't worry about the other LCS, LSV files.

Open a sequence (a LMS file), attach the mp3/media file (under edit menu), resave it (just save, don't "save as" to rename it), and then close the sequence. Now when you reopen the exact same file again (the same LMS file you used in the first step), the music should be attached. So when you click play, it should play the music too.

JeremiahCurtis84 wrote:

beeiilll wrote:
Yes you can set things up ahead.

You will have to "assign" the controllers and channels in the sequence editor to the sequence for them to work.

In the sequence editor go to Tools, then Channel Property grid. That will bring up where you can assign channels/ controllers to the light strings.

If you are using premade sequences there will be things there already. You just have to set it so that it is usable for you or you will assign your controllers (when you get them) to the controller numbers that the sequence uses now.

Do I have to open each and ever premade sequence and do the channel property thing? and if so, should I just leave them as they are and wait until next year to get strong with it? Risks, benefits, etc? I apologize for being so lost, I figured this would be easier. haha

Once you have one sequence assigned to the controller numbers (Unit IDs) how you want them, then you can "Export Channel Configuration" under the Edit menu--save that as something like "2011 32channel configuration". Now in all your other sequences, you can "Import Channel Configuration" (under Edit menu) and it will copy over all the channel assignments from your first sequence. Then resave the sequence for it to "remember" the new assignments. Import the config into each sequence the same way.