Light-O-Rama Forums

So lost that it isn't even funny!

JeremiahCurtis84

So...

I downloaded all the LMS files and the MP3 files -

Than I opened the LMS files in Sequence editor and than attached the MP3 file to the Sequence... I saved the file, which created a LMS.LCS file ?

So...

My question is - where do I go from here in order to get the show's to actually work / play? LOL!

I am so sorry that I am a lame noob, totally swamped with work and haven't had time to do proper research (obviously)

Thanks again for the help!

Well you should only have a .lms file after you edit the sequence in the editor to attach the .mp3 (.wav or whatever) to the sequence.
You have to assign the channels in the editor to a controller number and channels? Got that done too?
The show editor is where you would add the sequence .lms file to create a show set.
Then the schedule editor is for what times/days you want the show/s to run on.

I "assume" that you have a controller and that you have it connected to yur computer or are you using the director card in a controller to run things?

If you have the controller connected to your computer with a USB485, then you should be able to hook lights to the controller and have them run when you play a sequence in the sequence editor? Under the Play tab there is an option to Control Lights that you check (the LOR bulb in the tray should be red or disabled for the control lights option to run).

My controllers will be here in the morning, 32 channel show time pro.

By the way, thank you for helping me!

Ah Ha - the plot thickens.

Your welcome and welcome to the club of crazy lighting people!

SO when you "play" the sequence, do you see the vertical bar moving across the screen as the thing plays and can you hear the music through computer speakers?

Can I not set everything up on the computer side? So that when they show up in the morning all I have to do is plug them in and play? (sorry if this is a dumb question)

when I hit play I do see the bar move and hitting the light bars, I also hear the music. However, when I save them and try to reopen the file... I have to reattach the media file.

Yes you can set things up ahead.

You will have to "assign" the controllers and channels in the sequence editor to the sequence for them to work.

In the sequence editor go to Tools, then Channel Property grid. That will bring up where you can assign channels/ controllers to the light strings.

If you are using premade sequences there will be things there already. You just have to set it so that it is usable for you or you will assign your controllers (when you get them) to the controller numbers that the sequence uses now.

When I saved the LMS+MP3 = I got 2 new files... LCS & LSV files, when I click either of those files I get windows cannot open this file error?

JeremiahCurtis84 wrote:

Not sure if this matters - but I have the basic software as well.

Is this a demo version or is it a licensed version?

I take it that this is the new 3. --- software?

beeiilll wrote:

You will have to "assign" the controllers and channels in the sequence editor to the sequence for them to work.

In the sequence editor go to Tools, then Channel Property grid. That will bring up where you can assign channels/ controllers to the light strings.

If you are using premade sequences there will be things there already. You just have to set it so that it is usable for you or you will assign your controllers (when you get them) to the controller numbers that the sequence uses now.

Do I have to open each and ever premade sequence and do the channel property thing? and if so, should I just leave them as they are and wait until next year to get strong with it? Risks, benefits, etc? I apologize for being so lost, I figured this would be easier. haha

JeremiahCurtis84 wrote:

beeiilll wrote:

Do I have to open each and ever premade sequence and do the channel property thing? and if so, should I just leave them as they are and wait until next year to get strong with it?   Risks, benefits, etc?   I apologize for being so lost, I figured this would be easier. haha

You probably can use the channel property setup as it is now for this year. You will just have to make sure that your controllers are set to the same assigned controller numebers that these sequences use. Not a big deal.

This whole thing is pretty confusing in the beginning for sure. But after awhile it gets easier to follow.

do I have to have the controllers present and hooked up in order to set them to the same assigned controller numbers?

JeremiahCurtis84 wrote:

do I have to have the controllers present and hooked up in order to set them to the same assigned controller numbers?

Sorry there, potty break from all the coffee!

You can set things up ahead of time with no problem and then just set the controller ID numbers when you receive them.

If this is the newer version of the LOR software ie: version 3.whatever, then it may be a little beyond me as well.
Your not being able to save a file and then having to re-attach the media file whenever you reopen it is puzzling to me?
Of course I don't have the newer software either. I am running version 2.9.4 and have not bought the newer one yet since I don't want to change until my show season is over right now.

I believe I have the newest version (I literally just purchased it within the last month)

says version V3.1.2?

JeremiahCurtis84 wrote:

I believe I have the newest version (I literally just purchased it within the last month)

says version V3.1.2?

Okay. So I better let some of the more seasoned veterans on here try to answer things for you on this version.

But you are on the right track with things.
You should have the controller numbers and channels set up in the Channel Property grid for the sequences and then when you get the controllers you will just set the controller ID on each controller to the ID that they are assigned to in the property grid. That should make it all work so that when you play a sequence, the lights will flash with the sequence.
Then you set up a show by assigning each sequence in the show editor under the musical tab.
Then the show scheduler will let you set the day and time you want the show to run.
Hope this makes sense for you, but I think you are on your way okay so far.

Feel free to PM me if you want and I am sure that when some of the other vets on here get online later on they will chime in if you need more help.

Bill

Guess I better buy a newer version and start studying up on how it works so I can be more help!