Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence appears to be play faster

caniac

created/copied a sequence and in visualizer it looks like what I want it to but when that part of the show plays it appears "on crack". Tempo of the lights appears faster than song. it stays in sync so I don't think it is a skewing issue.

to clarify, the music and lights ARE in sync BUT in visualizer it looks like say for one effect the lights chase from left to right in 1 second, in my show it seems like .25 of a second.

jimswinder wrote:

any chance of testing it on actual lights to see if you get the same result?
I did, visualizer looks fine (or like I think it should) but in the show it plays faster (with tempo but faster).

caniac wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
I did, visualizer looks fine (or like I think it should) but in the show it plays faster (with tempo but faster).
sorry..I mis-read your post...thought it said the visualizer was faster...

I believe it has been posted that the viz sometimes can not keep up with the actual speed of some events in the editor...

I know on mine you can see it hesitate sometimes and it actually misses a few events because of how fast they are going...but plays fine on the actual lights

Same with me. Although the visualizer is nice to get close to reality, I have many sequences where it can't keep up. The actual lights look fine.

caniac wrote:

jimswinder wrote:

Look at the actual sequence, and see what the time element is, .25 or 1, or whatever and see how that corresponds with the show timing...chances are, the effect on the sequence is timed evenly with that of the show...

• 9 months later...

Hi everyone, I just got my first two controllers off summer sale, but my problem is the lights seem to be ahead of music. On the visualizer it looks perfect but when i tested it with the lights they were off. It seems that the sequences are just a little off from each other. I'm using LED's thx