Light-O-Rama Forums

lights lag behind music then catch up

rickswa

Hello, I just started my show tonight (late from issues that were not so good, but all fixed now) but I have a new problem this year. All I changed (added) this year was 2 CCR's. I have a megatree with 3 colors and 4 leaping arches that are being the issue. My first controller in the line is the 1602W for the main control, then ctb16PC's for the rest of the units. the tree has unit 2 and 3, the arches 3 and 4, then goes to the 2 CCR's then to unit 6. The problem is with the arches mostly but also with the tree a little. I have the same songs as last year and what I did was just create a new track (track 2) for the CCR's in S3 so I wouldn't have one really long track but could toggle between the "regular" lights and the CCR's for sequencing. Last year, no problem, timing perfect. This year, after adding the CCR's, the arches will at points "lag"behind the music, then run at what seems 2x plus speed to catch up and then be back in sync. I think it has to be with the CCR's or the way I made another track since that's really all I changed year to year. Does anyone have any ideas what could cause this lag, and catch back up issue? I first had Lock step check then unchecked it since I didn't use it last year but the problem stays. And it's not on all songs, but just some, especially where all the lights are going like the tree, arches, CCR's etc. Thank you for any ideas or help you guys might have.

thanks for the reply! could you tell me how that's done? Watching it some more, it's the same songs in the same spots every time. And then just to double check, I watched the visualizer. On one song, where there should be arches, there are none and where the tree should change color, it just continues with the previous activity, in this case, a white twinkle, then it goes how it should. It's almost like the CCR's are hijacking the arches and tree somehow. How do I put those on a different network though? Thank you for your help.

ahhhh... posted too soon. so would it be that I just go back and make the NETWORK on the channel, for example, AUX A? Do I really have to do this 50 times for each CCR and then export the channel config and import it into the other sequences or would there be an easier way to make the network apply to the whole CCR with only 1 change instead of 50? Thanks again.

rickswa wrote:

WOO HOO. searching thru all the other posts, I came upon one that helped my problem. all is well now.

Would be good if you updated this thread with what the fix was or link to the thread containing the fix so others that read this might benefit from your troubleshooting.