Light-O-Rama Forums

Help Finding Last Controler

Guest guest

I'm running 6 controllers and LOR is not finding the 6th as its own board. It is running it together with board #5. So when I turn on channel 5-1 (board 5, channel 1) the tree for 5-1 and 6-1 turns on. This is applies for all 16 channels or boards 5 and 6. I tried changing the channel number of board 6 to another channel and searched and it once again only found 5 boards.

How do I correct this problem?

Also, I'm assuming that I do not need to use the "set channel ID", for I am able to set the IDs by turning the dials on the boards.

Next issue is a couple of channels appear to be getting stuck on. Ex. on my Mega Tree, I ran a chase seq with white (controller 1). Ran fine. I then ran a chase with red (controller 2) it ran fine, except one of the white channels stayed on constant. I then ran a chase with green (controller 3) and then same channel of white and one channel of red stayed on constant.

Lastly, is that it does not save my changes. I can "auto configure" the comm port, it finds it, light on controller stops blinking, I can even test the lights. But as soon as I close the Harware window, the controllers start blinking. When I open up the Hardware Utility again, it has saved none of my original changes and I'm back to square one.

Thanks for any help.

If you have any jumpers on the header next to the LED, take them off.

Try resetting the board that will not accept a Unit ID change. Power it off, set Unit ID swithces to 00, power it on, if it sees the 00, it should flash the LED twice and pause and repeat this pattern. If it doesn't do this, it looks like the Unit ID siwtches are not working.

Do the stuck on channels stay on when the controller is disconnected from the computer? If yes, a triac may be bad or try the reset above to see if it affects the problem.

If your COM port is COM2 or COM3, it may not remember it. The fix is to run the Sequence Editor, Edit -> Preferences -> Network Preferences, then set Light-O-Rama netowrk to your COMn port and set Dasher & X10 to (None).

Thanks for your help John. The fix for the comm port worked fine. It now remembers it. What it does not remember is unit configurations. I have to refresh every time I open up the hardware utility.

I also noticed the hardware utility program is the only time that my lights get crossed or stay on when they should not. When I run a simple sequence they do as they should.

I am now getting an error message when I open up the sequencer. Things still seem to be working fine so not sure if I should do anything about it, but thought I'd point out the error I'm getting (see attached).

Aaron

Attached files 99099=6011-a.JPG

XmasSkoz wrote:

What it does not remember is unit configurations. I have to refresh every time I open up the hardware utility.

The Hardware Utility only remembers the COM port. You must hit Refresh each time you restart it. Set "Max Units' way down to cut down on the refresh scan time.

I also noticed the hardware utility program is the only time that my lights get crossed or stay on when they should not. When I run a simple sequence they do as they should.
I don't know what's happening here.

I am now getting an error message when I open up the sequencer. Things still seem to be working fine so not sure if I should do anything about it, but thought I'd point out the error I'm getting (see attached).
The new Sequence Editor warns you when it cannot get the COM port. Only one LOR program can have the COM port at a time. Choose one of (1) Hardware Utility, (2) Sequence Editor or (3) Enable Shows.