Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequencing issues...

avery255

Soooo I'm new, got that out of the way...

I just finished sequencing my first song for 16 Chanel's, Wizards in Winter. (I guess I could of picked an easier song but OH well). It took me about 16 plus hours to complete. After reading up on sequencing hints it became a little easier to do. The one problem I am having is, when I stop the song to correct and fine tune things and restart it where i stopped it, its way out of sync. but if I start over from the beginning it is in sync again. This is true in full speed and half speed. To say the last, I feel this really slowed me down and not to mention a little frustrating. Never the less I pushed on and finished my sequence.

Now thinking that this is something that shouldn't happen I have been reading and watching the tutorials on LOR and came across one that tells me I needed to "NORMALIZE" my music so it is compatible with the LOR software. Is this the reason for my frustration, I needed to "normalize" my MP3 audio file first? If so, do I now need to "normalize" it before it will work on a show? If I do need to normalize it, am I going to have to re sequence the song I just spent hours doing? Do I need to run all my MP3's through this normalizing process before I start a new sequence?

Thanks in advance...

You need to use a program to make your songs constant bit rate, this will fix your problem. It's really easy. There are some good threads giving step by step instructions.

You need to use a program, Audacity, to make your songs constant bit rate, this will fix your problem. It's really easy. There are some good threads giving step by step instructions.

OK so loaded up the Audacity and converted the music and now have no more issues. None of my work was lost either. Now onto my next song....

Thanks for the input!