Light-O-Rama Forums

Replace mp3 file with better quality file

AGrisWoldXmas

For fear of blowing up my sequence I'm bringing this to the forum to see if it can be done before I try anything.

I've been sequencing an mp3 and I've noticed that around the 1:28 mark there is a distinct "pop" sound. I've purchased the original music and created a new mp3 from the cd. The new mp3 sounds perfect.

The question is how can I swap out these mp3s? The short answer would be rename the new mp3 the exact same as the old one and copy over it. The only issue that I see is that there is a time difference in the two mp3 files. The original file is 3:08 and the new mp3 is 3:21. Both files are 128Kb. The time difference appears to be at the end of the song. If I prune the file at 3:08 it would sound strange.

I've sequenced 1:25 so far, and we all know that is a lot of work. I don't want to lose my work, but I would really like to use the newer mp3 file.

Just swap out the mp3s and see if the "so far" sequence lines up if it does then continue where you left off if it doesn't just grab all you did cut it and paste it where it needs to be if need be use the "wave form" to figure out where it lines up hopefully this helps out