Light-O-Rama Forums

7 Chanel singing p. face

mf123

mf123 wrote:

also i dont need a "qulity show" it my 1st year i alredy made a pumkin face and i spent 230$$ on on light o rama im doing this light show with secences or not.

Be sure to take videos of your show done without "secenses". I'm absolutely, positively, 100% certain that no one here has ever seen anything like that before.

I guess you have figured out by now that unlike doing your income taxes on the night before they are due... LOR is something that needs plenty of advance planning and custom work if you want something unique that fits your situation.

Hoping you can get started earlier next year. :-)

Out of curiosity, how is it that you joined only 2 days ago and trying to get set up for Halloween in less than a week?

I have 4 sequences that i have its very annoying to have 8 - 9 hate messiges i need help and clearly none of you are decent enough to help me i get it im a loser how waits to that last second to do things but im trying to do this and believe me i will as you can tell im not to populer at my school but i am very smart i used math and no prier knolighe to make a sinking pumkin face and many otter halloween novlys i just started a month ago and in that month i have learned a lot it make me sick that when i`m truly ashing for help, motivation all i get are mean insults and hale full messages next year il be better and not need that mutch help but pllllllllllllese help me now... if you want to see my secences sooo bad i put them on f.b. but i warn you the picture quality was soo bad all the strobe effects are bad. but seriously lay off me

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?v=216832981717505&set=vb.100001724154923&type=2&theater

Hi Matt,
I'm going to send a private message with suggestions how to get better support here, but bottom line is that it will help for you to intoduce yourself, put a little info in your profile, etc. I've learned that this is more than a user support forum. It is just as much a social community as anything else.

No one here is out to send you hate messages. Unless you are getting some PMs, I didn't see anything in the thread that lead me to believe there are hate messages. I think most people are too busy right now trying to get their own shows up and running. That's the main point behind the comments that it is a bit late to put something new together, but best wishes on your efforts.

Speaking for myself, I don't do Halloween or I'd share some sequences with you.

Matt - a key characteristic of the people in this hobby is their ability to be "self starters". If I were the hiring agent for a corporation, I would hire nothing but over the top decorators because of their ability to juggle duties, respond to pressure, meet a deadline, plan ahead and accomplish goals.

From what I can see, you apparently found LOR, joined this forum, and have petitioned the other members here for sequences while you don't even have a controller.

Assuming it comes to you tomorrow, there are many aspects of a show that have not been addressed in this thread (how to hook up your controller, programming your show, designating channels, etc). Please understand that (in my opinion), you are waaaay too late for this year.

I wish you well and hope that you are still around next year. What has been observed in the past is that there are people that watch cool videos on YouTube, think they can do it at their house, spend thousands of $$$ on equipment, and have no idea on how this is done.

If it were me (and it was at one time - before there were sequence sharing sites), I would start at the bottom and learn this hobby from the ground up.

Best of luck. Here is seeing you on the flip side. When you do get your controllers in, be sure to post some videos of your display.

mf123 wrote:

the thing is i dont need to doo it halloween night i could do it november 5th (if it comes) if you saw my vidoes here are my secences (tell me how i did) and if you see any thing i could have did better tell me or do it!!

The thing about sequences is that you only have to please yourself. It is where you let your inner artist come out and play.

The sequences you have look great. When you get them hooked up to the controller and out in the yard, be sure to post videos so we can watch them.

For a first effort at modifying sequences, not bad at all.

edit: Be sure to thank those who sent you sequences. A little heartfelt appreciation goes a long way here.

Guest wbottomley

Just remember one thing... an emergency on your part does not constitute one on my part.

If you didn't prepare better before now, I'm sorry. But... do better next year.

That's the best advice I can give.

mf123 wrote:

you have a point but im telling you i will still try to the end i just need a " jump start" for this year i wish to make my own secenses in the futer

As far as programming go, you really don't have ten years of experience doing it. You have 1 year of learning doing it for ten years.

In truth, the best way to learn it is to dive in and give it a shot. With the sequences you already have, you know as much as 1/3 of the people in the hobby.

if just discovered i got better @ sequencing i am very happy in my work i edited thriller and this is Halloween not the singing pumpkin but the light on my house it looks realty cool now i will share them in the further