Light-O-Rama Forums

What is the easiest way to switch between shows?

Guest guest

I have a main sequence that runs each night. It has no music and slowly changes my display around. I have 4 music animations I like to run when friends come around. I would like to have the 4 animations run back to back when I decide to run them.

I have a 'nightly' show setup and I have an 'all music' show setup. I leave 'nightly' in the scheduler. When I want to run the music, I have to go to the scheduler and change 'nightly' to 'all music', save it and then unload the control panel and reload it.

It is kind of a pain. Is there an easier way to do this? like, unload control panel and click a cool icon that runs a show without the scheduler?

Thanks

~G

gherd wrote:

I have a main sequence that runs each night. It has no music and slowly changes my display around. I have 4 music animations I like to run when friends come around. I would like to have the 4 animations run back to back when I decide to run them.

I have a 'nightly' show setup and I have an 'all music' show setup. I leave 'nightly' in the scheduler. When I want to run the music, I have to go to the scheduler and change 'nightly' to 'all music', save it and then unload the control panel and reload it.

It is kind of a pain. Is there an easier way to do this? like, unload control panel and click a cool icon that runs a show without the scheduler?

Thanks

~G

I can save you a step or two ..

Leave your static in the 'week' view of the scheduler. Since 'Calendar' view will override the week view, all you need to do is open the scheduler, create an event for the current day, and select the show file you wish to use.

LOR should finish the current sequence, then start the animation. (If you are using short animations this shouldn't be a problem.)

To undo it all, simply remove the sequence from the calendar view, and you're good to go.

Is it possible to have the control panel software and or the scheduler exist twice in seperate directories, one configured to run 'nightly' every night from 5pm to 10pm and the other copy set to run 'all music'... then, unload control panel and reload from the alternate directory???

gherd wrote:

Is it possible to have the control panel software and or the scheduler exist twice in seperate directories, one configured to run 'nightly' every night from 5pm to 10pm and the other copy set to run 'all music'... then, unload control panel and reload from the alternate directory???

I think you would be looking at some serious registry hacking.

If I recall, LOR2 is supposed to have some more advanced show control features.