Light-O-Rama Forums

One song sound very low

ToddH

Ok, so I have one song within the sequences I have done that the music is so low, I have to almost blast the receiver up to be able to hear it but then you hear some of the interfearence and static, and then the other sequences are so LOUD! I know the copy of the song I have is not the best and was low to begin with. I tried messing with it within Audacity (sp) to adjust the volume but could not figure that out. Any other advice or tips to get this resolved?

Or if anyone has a good copy of the song that is willing to share that would work also.

The song is from the old disney movie for The Headless Horseman.

Thanks!

Thanks Jim I will download that when I get home and see if it will make a difference. I do really appreciate it.

The really cool thing about mp3gain (besides being free) is that it can do all your songs in a batch (use file) and it does not actually change the song, just the info in the header. OK, that's actually 2 things.

Jim,
I love you.. ok, maybe not as much as Lori..

I have been putting off dealing with the volume issue on my show computer.. I have tons of music that was just annoying last year when I was playing on the radio. One up, one down...

Then trying to keep the show songs at the same level when Zara switches over.. sheesh

Thanks for the tip, the batch feature is going to rock!

Remember, the volume setting for WMP when used by LOR is 50%. So set the output level on Zara at 50% for a starting point... That usually gets me pretty close.

I spent the afternoon using the mp3 gain to get all the music at a great level, have a inline volume control, and the output to the radio is consistent and clear.

I have the DTMF tones working with my new sound card, all is good in LOR Radio land!

Thanks guys

paulanator wrote:

I spent the afternoon using the mp3 gain to get all the music at a great level, have a inline volume control, and the output to the radio is consistent and clear.

I have the DTMF tones working with my new sound card, all is good in LOR Radio land!

Thanks guys

Sounds great. I will have to run mp3 gain on all my music to get it all level. I have used "breakaway" in the past. Breakaway does the leveling and more on the fly.

I wonder if there is something I need to look for when buying a sound card to know that it will work with DTMF tones?

Mine was working great couple years ago on another computer. I got a new computer to run my shows last year and can not get the DTMF tones to work with the on-board sound card in the new machine.