Light-O-Rama Forums

Rocking around the christmas Tree

Partyof9

Thank you so much. I am pretty sure you helped me last year, my first year. I lost everything! My harddrive crashed and I am having to start all over since my silly self did'nt save a thing to a back up. I know I know :shock: Getting a very late start this year but made some progress yesterday at the hardware store and my husband helped me layout the design on paper. Now to do my part with the program and order MORE controllers and find nice icle lights.

On the music Mr. Jim, you mind pointing me in the right direction since it's been a year. If i go to itunes and buy the songs theres something else i am suppose to do to get them in the right format right? Mr. Dan helped me sooooo much last year and talked me thru everything in a few late night phone calls and got me going. Everybody that shared last year was sending music ready to go and seq. Just any point in the right direction would surely help me.

The seq you offered, have the songs been edited? Or can I just buy them and they will match the beats pretty much?

Partyof9 wrote:

On the music Mr. Jim, you mind pointing me in the right direction since it's been a year. If i go to itunes and buy the songs theres something else i am suppose to do to get them in the right format right?

**You need to convert them to MP3, which iTunes can do for you, or you can use Audacity also.**

Check this thread if you do not know how to set it up and do it, especially post #20:

http://forums.lightorama.com/view_topic.php?id=26579

The seq you offered, have the songs been edited? Or can I just buy them and they will match the beats pretty much?

**No, I used the full songs...if anything was edited it was just to cut some silence at the very end of the songs...**

• 3 weeks later...

Partyof9 wrote:

Thank you so much. I really appreciate your help.

Oh swoon. Another female LOR'er falls under the Jimswinder spell. Such a cad!

Partyof9 wrote:

Thank you so much. I am pretty sure you helped me last year, my first year. I lost everything! My harddrive crashed and I am having to start all over since my silly self did'nt save a thing to a back up. I know I know :shock: Getting a very late start this year but made some progress yesterday at the hardware store and my husband helped me layout the design on paper. Now to do my part with the program and order MORE controllers and find nice icle lights.

On the music Mr. Jim, you mind pointing me in the right direction since it's been a year. If i go to itunes and buy the songs theres something else i am suppose to do to get them in the right format right? Mr. Dan helped me sooooo much last year and talked me thru everything in a few late night phone calls and got me going. Everybody that shared last year was sending music ready to go and seq. Just any point in the right direction would surely help me.

If you need any help this year i can sure help you again.

jim6918 wrote:

Partyof9 wrote:
Thank you so much. I really appreciate your help.

Oh swoon. Another female LOR'er falls under the Jimswinder spell. Such a cad!

And how do you know that it was Tammy that wrote this and not Jim Woodard????

:)

You guys are so funny. Must a been the email address that gave him a clue. Lol

Dan your great I am working hard trying to get my show built and running and my husband just smiles every time I say can you do this or can you built that. All I can say is he sure is a kind and loving man putting up with my new hobby. Dan unless u changed your number I have you saved for life in my book!

Not the right place to ask but here goes, can yall point me to the key to good or better reception with my new edm transmitter?

Partyof9 wrote:

You guys are so funny. Must a been the email address that gave him a clue. Lol

LOL...yeah...didn't scroll up far enough to catch that!! :shock:

Partyof9 wrote:

Not the right place to ask but here goes, can yall point me to the key to good or better reception with my new edm transmitter?

Have you picked an open frequency?

Add an antenna (usually just a wire)

Place it next to a window...

I know with my Ramsay you can increase the power...