Light-O-Rama Forums

Need help some one US to order some item Holidaycoro

Danbel

I looking someone to help me.I need those sequence on holidaycoro .I looking someone from US can order them and ship to me in Canada I pay by paypal and for you time If someone can give me that service wil be very nice .why I ask that because holidaycoro don,t shipped to Canada anymore
what I need #8 I lose 3/4 my sequence last years and Halloween is coming fast

http://www.holidaycoro.com/default.html?overstock.asp

He is looking for item number 8 on the halloween characters page..the web link doesn't work well, but he mentioned sequences and halloween, so make sense that would be what he needs.

HolidayCoro doesn't ship to Canada, so the request, at face value, is legit.

Just a question as to whether someone will take the time to help him out. He did offer to pay up front...

If you read his previous posts, he appears to be a legit LOR user.

And its obvious, English is not the OP's native language, hence the less than perfect grammar.

My guess is, not a scam.

When you order 'sequences' from them they are actually shipped? Not emailed? Or even a download link? They can't email sequences to Canada?

Item 8 on this page is: Monster Quartet Sequences Only - 18 Total sequences

Edit. Never mind says "ships on CD-Rom" when you add it to a cart.

A download link after purchase would be nice.

Yes I french I sorry for my English writing I email to David to email those sequence He reply me that file to big over 100 mg for email So that why I try to find someone in US . I pay you before you order by paypal If someone need more information I can send My phone # Just PM me .What I need is Monster Quartet Sequences Only - 18 Total sequences CD-Rom Thank Daniel

• 3 weeks later...

Paul Roberson wrote:

Paul -

We would like to offer them as a download link but they are over 100mb and our ability to secure them was found to have technical limitations.

Sorry,
David

MikeH wrote:

I use Pando to send large files via email, it's free. http://www.pando.com/

MikeH

Without going into too much technical detail, we attempting to make a system that allowed controlled downloads based on a customer order number but our web host system could not process large enough chunks to allow for the full download. In 2012 it looks like a complete overhaul will occur so that our front end website and backend order/shipping system will be integrated. In the mean time we find that shipping CD-ROMs, as low tech as that seems, is the best solution.

We don't ship ourside the US because there just isn't that much demand relative to the US, plus our current order processing system isn't setup to to handle international and since our items are generally pretty large, international shipping is most often more than the cost of the product and that deters more sales.

David
HolidayCoro.com

Dave / Mike - if all you need to do is ship a CD and get it online so Mike can download it, I can do that. I've got a dedicated server here with a decent upload on it.
I'd be happy 2 help :P

Guest Don Gillespie

dmoore wrote:

MikeH wrote:
I use Pando to send large files via email, it's free. http://www.pando.com/

MikeH

Without going into too much technical detail, we attempting to make a system that allowed controlled downloads based on a customer order number but our web host system could not process large enough chunks to allow for the full download. In 2012 it looks like a complete overhaul will occur so that our front end website and backend order/shipping system will be integrated. In the mean time we find that shipping CD-ROMs, as low tech as that seems, is the best solution.

We don't ship ourside the US because there just isn't that much demand relative to the US, plus our current order processing system isn't setup to to handle international and since our items are generally pretty large, international shipping is most often more than the cost of the product and that deters more sales.

David
HolidayCoro.com

David this is a CD rom right they are pretty small if Daniel sent you a prepaid envelope with the right amount of postage couldn't you send it to him ( just a thought)

Thank every one for trying helping me One member pm me two week ago I send some money, that he order cd for me I want to thank that member again for helping me :cool:
Have download link that be nice Thank Daniel

Maybe David should check the number of Canadiaan LOR uses registered on Light-O-rama and give his head a shake . It only would take a few minutes to take it to the Post Office and ship via USPS. It probably woul not cost more than $2.50 to ship. It's vendors like him that have some dumb excuse as to why they will not ship to Canada. To edify some vendors Electronic kits can ship to Canada Duty free, most items under $150.00 come into Canada Duty Free. So skip thehigh cost of courier shipments and use USPS, The more you use them the more money they make which might help keep fellow Ameicans employed!

I agree with Mike ^^^ One of my brothers lives in Toronto (married a Canadian girl) and my wife and I ship stuff to them via USPS all the time.. It's lots less hassle than having him drive down to Niagra to pick it up. I get an employee discount on FedEx but USPS is still better.. Selling/shipping to Canada should really be a no-brainer.. If I had seen Danbel's post sooner, I'd have just done it.

Yes, I realize Dave Moore is in a business, but if Dan Baldwin and LOR can ship out replacment parts all over the world for FREE, then David needs to relook at doing business differently.

Homestly how much does it cost to make a CD $.030 cents It doesn/t make much sense to Have so much darama over a trivial issue. It's too bad David has not reponded to this forum. How seirous can he be ?????I'll neve buy from him!!!

Thats ok, he'll never sell/ship to you either, LOL!! Regardless whether it costs lots more to ship than make/sell, he should still do it.

why download. Making a CD costs pennies and shiping is equally as cheap., You know ther is more than one way to skin a cata. If you were truly concerned with your business you would cater to your customers no matter where they come from. a while ago I asked you about canadian Flag. You repsonded " not enough customers in Canda to Worry about" and dropped the ball, pretty narrow minded in my opinion. Hoe much can it cost for another steel rule die to punch the coro to make a Canadian Flag. But your elitist attitude prevents you from acknowledging Canadians as a viable maket.

Are we done crucifying the guy?

He runs a business, he made a business decision, he's comfortable with it, thats HIS decision, and Danbel already got his item through the courtesy of another individual.

What's the point of beating this to death? If you don't like his business approach, don't buy anything from him. If you feel you can do better...open your own business.

• 3 months later...

dmoore wrote:

Paul Roberson wrote:

Paul -

We would like to offer them as a download link but they are over 100mb and our ability to secure them was found to have technical limitations.

Sorry,
David

We are happy to say that now that we have moved to a new ecommerce site, that you can purchase any sequence individually and download it after purchase! We are sorry that our old system didn't allow for this.