Light-O-Rama Forums

having trouble saving sequence

james morris

i used a sequence edited it saved it to sequence file when i go to open it in the editor lor does not see it if i go to desktop then sequence file it finds it i open it again tried to save as file in editor mode save when i go to open it again i editor mode still dont see sequence help

james morris wrote:

i used a sequence edited it saved it to sequence file when i go to open it in the editor lor does not see it if i go to desktop then sequence file it finds it i open it again tried to save as file in editor mode save when i go to open it again i editor mode still dont see sequence help

Let me see if I can understand the problem.

When you open the Sequence Editor (SE) you can not find a particular sequence in the window that pops up when you click "File -> Open." However, if you double click on the sequence (Which sounds like it's on your desktop) the SE opens, and the sequence is available.

If I'm understanding the problem ...

When you click File -> Open there is a box called "Look in" with a drop down arrow. Use that to navigate to your desktop, and the sequence should be there. Consider saving that file to your LOR folder instead. Which one is that? The LOR folder is the one that shows up when you clicked "File -> Open."

i tried that when i open it it does not see it i open it it by opening the saved folder called sequence then use the arrow down open the folder there is the sequence i then do savs as in the editor mode then when i try open the sequence file the sequence is not there but if i open the folder not in edit mode the file is there i can run the sequence it nows where the mp3 file is tryed to do save as still doen't see file in edit mode

I'm sorry, but I don't exactly know what the problem is. If the sequence is in your Sequences folder (in your LOR directory) then it should show up when you "File -> Open." If by double clicking the file it opens in the Sequence Editor, then nothing is wrong ... the file just doesn't seem to be saved in the correct place.

I don't understand "open the folder not in edit mode" at all. What are you trying to do here?

If you can open the file, and it can play ... then I really don't understand "still doen't see file in edit mode"

the file does not show up in the lor editor mode if i go to the sequence folder open it then double click on the sequence it opens then i do save as save the the sequence it says already exist do you wnts to save i say yes then when i open lor editoe all the sequences are there but the one i saved i lost

If your going to the Sequence folder and opening it, then we can rule out something wrong with your particular installation. (This means that the files are opening, and the install is good.)

It sounds as if what you think is the Sequences folder and what LOR thinks is the Sequence folder are not the same folder. You say LOR saves it, but then it's not in the sequence folder. Well, it has to be somewhere. At least, I think it does. I've never heard of LOR saving the file, and then it simply not being there. So far, every time, it's been some sort of operator error (or the computer making us think it was operator error, when really, it was the computers fault.)

After you have opened the Sequence Editor have your tried the File>Open Recent menu choice instead of just File>Open?

found the problem the editor is look for the sequence folder in document file i saved the file to a light show folder problem fix thanks for making me look harder at the post set up told me where the file is good job love this form