Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence grouping

javerill

What is the best way to organize my channels. I usually organize them by the object (windows, mega trees, mini trees). Would it be better if I organized by color or some other way?

Thanks

javerill wrote:

What is the best way to organize my channels. I usually organize them by the object (windows, mega trees, mini trees). Would it be better if I organized by color or some other way?

Thanks

This is really one of those questions where the answer is, "Whatever works for you." There are several different ways of setting up your channels. What it boils down to is finding a setup that works for you.

Personally, I use a Master track and a Working track. (See more here: http://bit.ly/qNSOTn)

Within my working track I usually have things organized by object then color. So, I might have channels for Bushes, Mini-Trees, and Mega-Trees. Then within each section of those I'll have them broken down by color.

I had them grouped by items, i.e.. all the arches, all the mini tree's, etc. But last year i changed it to "by controller". That way I can have my controller next to what it's running, I think it works better that way, less cord length, less trouble setting up, etc. JMO. And when you print the channel list all the items in each controller are together, no trying to remember "where did that mini tree connect?"