Light-O-Rama Forums

Halloween Sequence I must do but am having trouble with

RyanJL

Ok, I just ran into a song that I absolutely must do for my Halloween light show. But I'm having trouble figuring out just how to do it. The song is Toccata & Fugue in D Minor - which is a great one for Halloween, very eerie in a sense, great dramatic effect with it also, partly because the front end is very arythmic and drawn out. To make it even more difficult, I've spotted this version by Vincent R. Vloeimans that is frankly in the style I'm looking for which further exagerates the varied difference between the sections of the song.

So, I'm begging for advice on how to best get this thing coded. Beat wizard just doesn't seem able to tackle it (or I'm using it incorrectly), tapping is probably crazy unless I first memorize the thing, and fixed timing isn't likely to hit the beats unless I'm doing every 0.01 seconds it would seem. Help....

Oh yeah, here's the song: http://soundcloud.com/vincent-vloeimans/toccata-fugue-in-d-minor-ii

Thoughts???

I would still use the Beat Wizard...but use it by telling it what portion of the song you want to use it on.

IE...first do the Beat Wizard from 0:00 to 0:59...and since you probably will be using LOTS of events, use one of the quicker beats, like 2X, 3X or even 4X.

Then repeat the Beat Wizard choosing from 0:59 till the end of the song...again using one of the quicker beats...at least 4X