Light-O-Rama Forums

Hearing the Bass Beat a little better - Bass Boost

paulanator

I am not an expert in sequencing by any means, and some of you may have already done this trick, but since I had never seen it, I thought I would share for those who can use it.

Problem was that I could not hear the bass player over the singer, and I wanted to work on just the bass notes and the beat wizard did not help at all for this song.

So I pulled up the exact copy of the song in Audacity, and click on Effect>Vocal Remover. Choose Remove Vocals & Remove Frequency Band. Do not choose the default - "simple", it will hose the whole song.

Next, Click on EFFECT>Bass Boost, use the default and click on ok.

Now, Export the song as you would your fixed 128 constant mp3. Do not save the original file changes at the end when it asks you in Audicity.

Then import the song into your LOR sequence. The song length will be the same, and all timings will be the same, but your vocals should be more muffled, and the Bass will be super loud so you can find the marks much easier.

When you are all done editing, save your work, then in the S3 software click on Edit>Media and import your original music, and it pops right back in with all the timings.

If anyone has some other cool tricks for this type of manipulation, I would love to hear what/how you do it.