Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence timing won't stay lined up

kneel999

I have written about 15 sequences and I haven't run into this issue before.
I wrote a sequence to "No one lives Forever" by Oingo Boingo and at around
the 3 minute mark the timing goes off about a tenth of a second. If I play the sequence
from that 3 minute mark it lines up perfectly but if I start the sequence from the beginning the timing goes off at that same point every time. I have tried both MP3 and WAV file and it happens to both. I have never had this happen to another sequence.
I notice when I watch a "visible screen" section over and over the timing doesn't match up each time. I can play it ten times in a row and sometimes it lines up and other times it doesn't. I am using version 2.9.4

I've noticed mine does the same. Doesn't matter what sequence it is. It always seems to be my arches portion of my track view that does it. However, it plays fine and the visualizer is not affected so i'm not worried.

kneel999 wrote:

the 3 minute mark the timing goes off about a tenth of a second. If I play the sequence
from that 3 minute mark it lines up perfectly but if I start the sequence from the beginning the timing goes off at that same point every time. I have tried both MP3 and WAV file and it happens to both. I have never had this happen to another sequence.
I notice when I watch a "visible screen" section over and over the timing doesn't match up each time. I can play it ten times in a row and sometimes it lines up and other times it doesn't. I am using version 2.9.4

the only thing I could think of is to check to see if it is a fixed rate mp3 and not varible. probably is if all the other songs work:)

james campbell wrote:

kneel999 wrote:

the only thing I could think of is to check to see if it is a fixed rate mp3 and not varible. probably is if all the other songs work:)

All of my songs have been run through MP3 gain and have fixed rate and the gain adjusted too. I can't speak for kneel999 but, I only see this while doing a playback and only with one of the tracks. Like I said though, doesn't hurt anything as far as the visualizer or the actual show.

Mine does the same thing. It pisses me off. I play the same sequence on my wife's lap top and works perfect. Seems like the more you play it the worse it gets.Seems like if I don't use it for awhile like 2 weeks and go back and try it ,it works find for a while. I think my PC gets confused after a while

I tried a different version of the song and made sure it is fixed rate but still have problems. I am going to bring some of my props out of the shed and plug them in and check them that way without looking at the animation/visualizer and see if they look off that way. This one is just really frustrating me. I spent a lot of time on it and now it just doesn't seem like it is staying lined up. I'll let you know after I check it with my props how it looks. It seems like they need to look at the software if most people are noticing it doesn't stay lined up when playing it back multiple times.

Mine seem to work alot better after I took my PC in and had it cleaned up. Try to run some spy-ware.maybe restart it. I run the same thing on my wifes laptop it was ok. Try a different PC

This really sounds like the variable bit rate issue. Just to be sure, just to rule it out, you could convert to a wav file and see if problem continues.