Light-O-Rama Forums

Eagles Jefferson Starship Music Sequences

toddmoon

I am working on my sequence list for 2011 and wondering if anyone has done some sequences to the Eagles or Jefferson Starship? I did some searching on LOR sequences and the forms without success.

Just curious if anyone has or know of someone. I have my musics titles selected and the wife has "agreed" to them after another long discussion about this is not Christmas music again vs. I do lights to music and some of them happen to be Christmas selection to satisfy her vs. I am tired of doing just Christmas music to lights.

The songs I am wanting to sequence are

Eagles - Hotel California & Desperado

Jefferson Starship - We built this city on rock and roll & Nothing is gonna stop us.

I currently have 48 channels but will most likely increase to 80 or more channels after the summer sale.

Attached files radiotower.pdf

I have "white rabbit" on my to do list, but none of the ones you listed. Surprised you didn't pick "take it easy".

Desperado should be interesting.

Interesting how many people do only Christmas songs. I thought everyone did Wizard of Winter, but obviously not.

ainsworth wrote:

I have "white rabbit" on my to do list, but none of the ones you listed. Surprised you didn't pick "take it easy".

Desperado should be interesting.

Interesting how many people do only Christmas songs. I thought everyone did Wizard of Winter, but obviously not.

wiw is a better halloween song than Christmas. It is only a Christmas tune because everybody saw it at Christmas.

Wizards? Is that Christmasy?

/jusayin

ainsworth wrote:

Interesting how many people do only Christmas songs.

I sometimes wish I would have done that from the go. However I went the "lets go outside the box" route.

I personally (me only, I, me) feel as though I am slipping from what Christmas meant to me when I had a static display. The joy I had then makes the joy I have now look a little sick. Setting up and taken down did not bother me even in the cold when I had a static display.

Now it's it make two steel framed fans that weigh a ton with 2,500 lights on them, you need to unwrap 5000 lights from them which takes just as long to take down as it did to put up.

The bottom line is that this is far more work for one fellow in set up & take down and it gets me to asking myself "do you really want to go through this again for yet another year"?

So this year I am adding more Christmas songs with just a few none -Christmas songs. I want that Christmasy feeling again.

I am actually adding some children's Christmas songs/ & or non-Christmas songs this year.

I actually run two different shows leading into the Christmas season. Right after Thanksgiving I have a selection of music that is non traditional. The last three weeks of the show the program becomes much more Christmas traditional. Basically all the stuff you would hear in the mall you would hear and see on my program with a smattering of non traditional mixed in.

I also run a video projector of Santa clause in my window and a few other items that always gets more attention than my lights ever do. I used turn off the Santa Clause video after Christmas day and I had people calling asking me if I could turn it back on cause the Grand Kids wanted to see it again. My Santa window gets more mileage than my 10K+ lights and music ever do.

Link provided to video of Santa Clause if you want to see Santa in action.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

For my 2011 Christmas I'm planning on adding in 4 Comedy songs, although still Christmas themed. That is if I get their sequences done since they are the LOW priority songs for my Christmas display, now if someone has sequences for them, then they may get moved up the list.

The 4 Comedy Christmas Songs I'm considering for this year(2011):

Jesus's Birthday, All You Need Is Elves - both by Bob Rivers

Grandpa's Gonna Sue the Pants Offa' Santa, Grandma's Killer Fruitcake - both by Dr. Elmo