Light-O-Rama Forums

Blue board vs. green board

Guest guest

I just unpackaged my third board the other day to notice its blue. After close examination I discovered a couple of physical differences. Whats up? Same as green but different color. Is this a new and revised board?

I believe it was mentioned that the blue boards have a different power supply than the green and that is why there are two versions of the firmware. I don't think anyone from LOR ever said if the difference in board color was on purpose or not. Maybe so they could tell the difference between the two?

I can't find the correct post where it was mentioned, but yes it is just not the power supply difference, there are different chip versions on the card (support for the light linker and future options?), therefore the different firmware.

The LOR firmware is color sensitive :)... Actually when we moved to the blue board we started using a different processor. Except for one register the processor is the same and the firmware would work BUT because of one blasted register we have to maintain two versions of firmware.

In addition the blue boards have larger power supplies for accessories.

OK I got my controller just this year. I only have one (pitty me) and nothing to compare to. The board looks blueish green-------Which is newer blue or green? Since I just bought mine this year would I assume it is the newer?

So last year i had green and this year i have both. I need to update to run the blue? I looked at the support page but the firmware is text and on my computer a file. I looked at the user guide and it didnt say anything about updates unless i missed it. I did a word search in it for "firmware" and got nothing... Thanks for the help Jordan

LightAction wrote:

OK I got my controller just this year. I only have one (pitty me) and nothing to compare to. The board looks blueish green-------Which is newer blue or green? Since I just bought mine this year would I assume it is the newer?

Green was GREEN... really green. If you have even the slightest hint of blue ... you have the new boards!

Jordan Marosell wrote:

So last year i had green and this year i have both. I need to update to run the blue? I looked at the support page but the firmware is text and on my computer a file. I looked at the user guide and it didnt say anything about updates unless i missed it. I did a word search in it for "firmware" and got nothing... Thanks for the help Jordan

Jordan,

This caught me also last year. You need to right click and "save target as". After the file is downloaded, open the directory where you placed the file. Right click again on the file and select properties. You will see the file extension listed which will show "something.lhx.txt" Delete the .txt and save. It may give you a warning about making the file unusable, ignore it. The file is now usable and will work.

>> Bill