Light-O-Rama Forums

Music Box 16ch

Ultamitking73

Guest Don Gillespie

Ultamitking73 wrote:

yes that is what i mean to many empty spaces

Have you tried to copy and paste some channels that are are full to some of the empty channels and see what that looks like?

There is an easier way.. just assign the channels of the segments you want to use, to your available channels.. I have done this with several large sequences (160ch sequence and only 32ch controllers)..

1) First, decide which effects you want to use, ie: leaping arches, spinning mega/mini-trees, etc..

2) Find those sections of the larger sequence that has those effects.

3) CHANGE the channels # of those sections to your controller # and specific channel #

4) Run the Visualizer to see how it looks. If you dont like it, change your controller channels to a different area of the sequence to use.

Doing it this way, you arent killing off sections/effects you'll want to use when you get more channels ... I didnt say IF you get more, 'cause you WILL get more channels, trust me :)

Again, I've done this with several -large channel count- sequences when I had just 16 or 32 channels to use.

You will have to go thru the large sequence and check ALL the channel assigments so you dont have duped channels, but for having a single controller, you'll only have to search for that same controller Unit # that you're using. So if your controller is Unit 1, then look thru the sequence and find all the instances of Unit 1 and remove the Units assigment you dont want.

Waaay easier than trying to cut/paste and getting timings right.. this way, it's already done.. its like posting an opening for a job, having 160 applicants for 16 jobs.. just choose which ones you want to keep/use.. tell the others to wait til next time..

i know how to do it if you look on my site and look at my 2nd song list for this year i want to say 80% of those i had to touch up 10% i had to create from the begining it's just this one is being a pain so i was hopeing i could go the easy way out or take other peoples sugestions lol i love this song i hate to not use it thanks for your tips i will look into that to.