Light-O-Rama Forums

Spaceballs

Guest guest

Pulled out some of my old VHS tapes and found the Mel Brooks Movie: "SpaceBalls", funny movie, but I love the "Spaceballs song" (end title credits) and was wondering if anyone ever sequenced this one? I'm thinking about adding to my Halloween Display for 2011. As far as I know there is NO SOUNDTRACK CD is currently available, not that I could find anyway. So I used my handy dandy Video Recording Hardware and recorded the end title song, which is the same name as the Movie, "Spaceballs".

Has a nice beat and think it would make a great song to sequence.

So anyone ever sequence it or think it's a good candidate for sequencing?

If YOU like the song i say sequence it !! I find it hard to sequence anything that i can't listen to a few hundred times. By the time you get timing marks and keep going over and over it to get it right you get "To know the song" backwards, Forwards and sideways!

At the momoment I am sequencing "Macarena, By LOS DEL RIO" Being that I have a BUNCH of spanish speaking people on both sides of me and I do alot of testing at night..I am sure they think I am as nuts as my wife does so I spare them the christmas music in March !!!

Ron Amedee wrote:

If YOU like the song i say sequence it !! I find it hard to sequence anything that i can't listen to a few hundred times. By the time you get timing marks and keep going over and over it to get it right you get "To know the song" backwards, Forwards and sideways!

At the momoment I am sequencing "Macarena, By LOS DEL RIO" Being that I have a BUNCH of spanish speaking people on both sides of me and I do alot of testing at night..I am sure they think I am as nuts as my wife does so I spare them the christmas music in March !!!

LOL. I know what you mean. If I don't use headphones it drives everyone bonkers because I listen to the same song over and over and OVER again tweaking, adding and changing things. I need to find some Spanish versions of songs too since I have neighbors around me that are also Spanish, have some that speak Arabic too, but can't say I've ever found any of our Halloween or Christmas music in that language, could be interesting to sequence if I ever do.

BTW: I have started sequencing Spaceballs, doing it right now on my other computer while online here. so much fun multitasking LOR, Internet and doing MP3 edits all at the same time. :shock::dude::)

same here lol my wife is already nuts over this whole LOR thing i now have about 45 songs done and i just got finished doing Lady gaga's bad romance for new years my wife thinks i am addicted lol but when i tell her there is a guy in palm springs with 5 million lights lol she she straight looks at me smiles and says.....your addicted .......now on to the subject i got star wars i was thinking of doing and superman but i haven't sequenced them so i don't know but spaceballs really???? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm you get done with it go on ahead and share it with me lol thanks

Ultamitking73 wrote:

same here lol my wife is already nuts over this whole LOR thing i now have about 45 songs done and i just got finished doing Lady gaga's bad romance for new years my wife thinks i am addicted lol but when i tell her there is a guy in palm springs with 5 million lights lol she she straight looks at me smiles and says.....your addicted .......now on to the subject i got star wars i was thinking of doing and superman but i haven't sequenced them so i don't know but spaceballs really???? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm you get done with it go on ahead and share it with me lol thanks

Yep, really Spaceballs. ROFL. My wife when I decided to maje an MP3 recording from the end title credits got to thinking and said, what does Spaceballs have to do with Halloween? I said nothing really, I just like the song and I think the kids would like it because it's an upbeat song you could actually dance too as well. I told her we don't always use holiday theme specific music, we try and give our audiences a variety.

Of course there will be some, like my wife, that will make that same statement, but who cares, as long as the sequence works and the music and lights all fit well together is the main objective, well that, and keeping folks attention.

I am actually using several movie themes this year, the opening theme music from "The Screaming Skull", The end theme music from the original "Uninvited" movie(the one about the cat that lets a monster cat from within outside of itself), not the newer release, which is not even the same movie theme as this one. Boadicea from Stephen King's "Sleepwalkers", this was a MIDi file I modified and converted to MP3 with a lot of the parts converted to Bell Tones for my 7 channel bell set up. Lullaby from "Rosemary's Baby", Silver Shamrock from the "Halloween III - Season of the Witch" movie and last, but not least, "Come Little Children" a small edit I created from the movie "Hocus Pocus".

These are just the movie music, doesn't include a lot of the other music I'll also be using this year for 2011. Quite a few were already used in my 2010 display that was 80 channels last year, the news ones being added for this year (48 channel) are Screaming Skull, Uninvited, Silver Shamrock and Spaceballs. The others are being modified from 80 channel down to 48 channel sequences. At least that will cut my sequencing time down for this years display.

And of course once I get the new ones all sequenced and done, they'll be posted on my hotmail account for download along with the ones that are still there from my 2010 Halloween and Christmas displays.

Orville wrote:

Pulled out some of my old VHS tapes and found the Mel Brooks Movie: "SpaceBalls", funny movie, but I love the "Spaceballs song" (end title credits) and was wondering if anyone ever sequenced this one?

If you use the Schwartz then you should be able to sequence this one at ludicrous speed :D

I hope you are going to complete the effect and dress up as Dark Helmet.

A great movie and I hope you will post some videos when it is done!

Davidt wrote:

Orville wrote:
Pulled out some of my old VHS tapes and found the Mel Brooks Movie: "SpaceBalls", funny movie, but I love the "Spaceballs song" (end title credits) and was wondering if anyone ever sequenced this one?

If you use the Schwartz then you should be able to sequence this one at ludicrous speed :D

I hope you are going to complete the effect and dress up as Dark Helmet.

A great movie and I hope you will post some videos when it is done!

I'll either need to find or make a Dark Helmet costume (if I could find such a thing!), I usually always dress as a vampire myself for Halloween. LOL

Ludicrous speed, my favorite part, especially when Dark Helmet (Rick Moranis) said "I DON'T CARE, FULL STOP" and he crashes into and through the wall. Hilarious movie! Definitely one of my favorites.

Yep, plan on posting some vids when competed. Still working on it, wish I could do it in "ludicrous speed", heck, wish I could sequence all my stuff in ludicrous speed, then I could be finished LONG before the sequences are really needed.:P:D

I just may have to rent the movie. I enjoyed watching years ago, my wife didn't get it. She wasn't a Starwars fan either.

If you have an android phone, you can download the soundboard from it. When one of my friends sends me a text, you hear John Candy - "I'm a mog, half man, half dog, I'm my own best friend"

Have fun sequencing it and you better post a video of it next year :)

PS - It's been a while since I've watched it, but I'm thinking young Frankenstein may have some good line or songs for Halloween.

I have found a lot of music from movies I like, but when you buy the CD either that song isn't on it, or if it is, it's not exactly like the version in the movie. This is why I will try and rip the music from the actual movie many times. If the folks that make these movies would include the EXACT soundtrack as it appeared/played in the movie then buying a soundtrack CD would be so much easier, but I have a a lot of soundtrack CD's I've purchased only to be disappointed that they didn't have the version used in the movie I liked and wanted. So either off to buy the movie and then try and record the song directly from it into the computer so I get the one I really want.

I'll have to find my Young Frankenstein movie and re-check that one for music, I just don't seem to recall that one having much in the way of a decent soundtrack and the music they use to lure "the monster" back, just never really cared for that tune myself. LOL

But I do know it would have some good voice lines for other use. LOL