Light-O-Rama Forums

Someone please do my sequence for the Boy Scouts

fester

is there anyone that can sequence a song or 2 for me? I am a leader for a local Boy Scout organization and have a 16 channel controller. There is no specefic design layout or anything, once it is done I can plug in accordingly. I know there are people out there that do amazing sequences and that is exactly what I want. I can use the tapper wizard and beat wizard but it the light dont match the beat or the voices singing. I want it all to match at the right time. If there is anyone that can do this for me I will e-mail the song. Thank you in advance.

Why not make it a project for the Scouts? Sounds like it might be fun for them and help you out all at the same time.

the main song we want done is "Born To Be A Scout" by Alex Boye. It was in the movie Scout Camp and you can see the soundtrack version on youtube.

"Follow Me Boys" wouldnt be bad either....I'll see if I can find a MP3 of it also.

and as far as time frame.....I really dont have one. and there is no specific layout, just light up 16 channels and make it awesome :)

I really appreciate the feedback and Im glad to see people still enjoy what the boys scout and cub scout organizations are all about.

fester wrote:

the main song we want done is "Born To Be A Scout" by Alex Boye. It was in the movie Scout Camp and you can see the soundtrack version on youtube.

I love to listen to Alex Boye. I just watched a concert with him on TV tonight. He is a member of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, and often sings as a soloist with the choir.

That would be a great song to sequence, and knowing Mr. Boye, I think he would be absolutely thrilled to know you sequenced one of his songs to make a light show. Not only does he have a beautiful voice, he is also very nice.

personally I have never listened to any of his music, but I have to agree, he does have a great voice and I think if the rest of his music is anything like what he did with "Born To Be A Scout" I am gonna have to go buy me a CD.

fester wrote:

personally I have never listened to any of his music, but I have to agree, he does have a great voice and I think if the rest of his music is anything like what he did with "Born To Be A Scout" I am gonna have to go buy me a CD.

The great thing about Alex is that he can sing almost any kind of music. Of course with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir he sings gospel and church music; but he can also do spirituals and pop music and about anything else. Very talented!

Guest Don Gillespie

fester wrote:

Fester this is a good song however to sequence something like this we would have to have an idea of your layout, it is almost impossible to sequence a song without the layout if you have a layout or a design let us know it would make this easier to sequence for you.

well, basically we are wanting to use this inside a large room on stage, and also on the house. Someone can make it to the layout of their house and if I wanna change something I can unplug one strand and move another strand to that channel...not a big deal.

Don Gillespie wrote:

fester wrote:

Fester this is a good song however to sequence something like this we would have to have an idea of your layout, it is almost impossible to sequence a song without the layout if you have a layout or a design let us know it would make this easier to sequence for you.

I already started sequencing this song before anyone even posted and I gave my layout idea to Fester in a PM.

However Fester can work with the timing marks that I am currently working on and rework the sequence.

On the other hand if someone else has started this song as well then I guess he has a few sequences to look at.

So it is being worked on now.

2 People have stated they are willing to do the song for me and I appreciate it. Thank You to Lightzilla and Fabian. I guess I will have 2 sequences to choose from...maybe use one on stage and the other on the house. Thanks everyone else for your input and I have downloaded the "Follow Me Boys" MP3 and going to present it Tuesday night and see if the boys would like to do that song as well.

Awesome. If you had an American flag with lights would be fun and there are many sequences for that.

If not you could put a flood light or two on it as part of your display. Do you have a bridge for the Arrow of light Crossing? I think I would use flood lights to light up different elements of your areas and run some red white and blue lights on the home.

Great work guys.

• 2 weeks later...

I sent you an email with the completed sequence for "Born To Be A Scout".

Each year (this is year #5) I consider myself a newbie simply because I learn new ideas. Well after doing this sequence for 16 channels I am a newbie all over again. LOL I found it harder to do 16 channels than doing over 200+ channels these past few years. :)

I had no clue what you folks go through to sequence 16 channels. Well done.

Last month was sequencing 16 channels...Now deleating most of the work while doing eighty....At least the timing was done and I learned alot during that time.

Ron Amedee wrote:

Last month was sequencing 16 channels...Now deleating most of the work while doing eighty....At least the timing was done and I learned a lot during that time.

That is a good point. The timing marks will last. That saves time when upgrading from 16 to whatever number of channels.