Light-O-Rama Forums

Help With Sequences

Joe Polenchar

Hi All,

Yes I am a newbee.

I was wondering if any one has or would be willing to share some 32 chan. sequences with me.

My hope is to be able to look at your sequence and see if I could figure out how you did it and try to adapt it to fit my show.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Joe Polenchar

lor_32_green_yellow.gif

1500_red_green_4.gif

I agree with Denis. Just make sure on ChristmasCarolina that you are getting sequences for LOR. I downloaded a couple there that were in a format not supported by LOR. I wasn't paying attention.;)

Joe Polenchar wrote:

Hi All,

Yes I am a newbee.

I was wondering if any one has or would be willing to share some 32 chan. sequences with me.

My hope is to be able to look at your sequence and see if I could figure out how you did it and try to adapt it to fit my show.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Joe Polenchar
Get yourself a few sequences to start with and copy the timing marks from them and paste them to your new sequence. This eliminates alot of work in getting the timing spot on. From this point you can go to work making your lights blink.

Everyone has their own way of sequencing..I like the waveform myself..I pick out all the obvious beats and then adjust from there..Fill in the fills and work from there. I probally do more than a have to yet it bothers me to be a half beat off anything. I use 1/2 speed when needed and go over a section twenty times till i'm happy with it...Then go over it twenty more times. Third day on "A Mad Russian Christmas" and i mean all day !! Almost good enough..Maybe by christmas i'll have it right. The more you sequence the easier it gets!!!;):D:D:D:D

Ron Amedee wrote:

Everyone has their own way of sequencing..I like the waveform myself..I pick out all the obvious beats and then adjust from there..
This sounds like my cue to chime in. I agree there's lots of information in the wave form, but I'd recommend for every newbie who isn't a music major to become one with the Beat Wizard. In most songs the beat wizard will nail it cold and if not, then you can use the wave form to move a timing mark slightly if need be.
Third day on "A Mad Russian Christmas" and i mean all day !! Almost good enough..Maybe by christmas i'll have it right.
I did Mad Russian for a client and by the time I got done with it, I probably earned less than a dollar an hour. A total pain in the a$$ song to sequence with all the tempo changes but boy, does it look good...
The more you sequence the easier it gets!!!;):D:D:D:D

I agree completely. But the dark side is that when you add more channels you quickly lose any advantage you gained from experience. It might get easier but it doesn't seem to get any quicker. So the moral of the story is that if you're feeling overwhelmed, PM me and I'll buy your extra controllers at a deep discount.

Fred1969 wrote:

Get yourself a few sequences to start with and copy the timing marks from them and paste them to your new sequence. This eliminates a lot of work in getting the timing spot on. From this point you can go to work making your lights blink.

However not everyone includes the timing marks with the sequences they up load. In that case grab a few sequences and cut and past the best parts that well work best for your layout.

Actually you ought to do that anyways and do not be scared to adventure out and make a few changes of your own to the shared sequences.

I can send you some of my sequences but in this case I would suggest that you use just the timing marks & delete the rest of the sequence...........however the mini trees and the arches may work just fine in your set up, possibly the fans too.

A couple of them you can get songs for but I have a few that were given to me by the singer/song writers and you would need their permission and what not, but I can help you with that.

I would be glad to help just like so many others on this forum are.

Ron Amedee wrote:

Thats funny George !@!! I watched all your videos the other day and got my guns out..There s a new Sheriff in town..Tell me if you see him !!!

Haven't seen him yet, but I'll keep my eyes open... The more, the merrier I say...

I lost count of how many videos I watched for inspiration and ideas when I was getting started. I'm glad I could be of inspiration to you.

George Simmons wrote:

Ron Amedee wrote:
Thats funny George !@!! I watched all your videos the other day and got my guns out..There s a new Sheriff in town..Tell me if you see him !!!

Haven't seen him yet, but I'll keep my eyes open... The more, the merrier I say...

I lost count of how many videos I watched for inspiration and ideas when I was getting started. I'm glad I could be of inspiration to you.

Watch it Ron,George may have a hidden fee for Inspiration from watching his videos:P:D

Denis Chaput wrote:

Watch it Ron,George may have a hidden fee for Inspiration from watching his videos:P:D

I don't know why, but after watching certain videos it seems that people can't help themselves from sending me money. I think it's the face...

George Simmons wrote:

Denis Chaput wrote:

I don't know why, but after watching certain videos it seems that people can't help themselves from sending me money. I think it's the face...

LOL I still say must be the water ,an it ain't Schmirnoff:D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just wanted to take the time to say thanks.

All of your input and suggestions were very helpful.

Thanks again,

Joe :?