Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding songs and controllers

NickByrd

I am currently sequencing for the 2011 season as I would like to see about 25 songs this year (maybe more if time permits).

I am also looking to increase my channels from 64 to 128 this year (maybe more if $$$ permits:) ).

I haven't locked in what I am adding to the display, but I want to use the time I have now to sequence. My theory is to lay down a sequence to the lights that I used last year to create a good starting point for those songs in the future.

You guys that add every year, do you sequence similar to what I am doing? Also, do you wait until you know exactly what you are adding to rework the sequence or do you go through the sequence multiple times as you figure out aspects of the display?

I am trying to figure out which will be more effective/efficient.

I do it pretty much as you describe. With new songs, I first sequence the elements I know will be in the display and then add the new stuff as it's decided for sure or invented during the course of the summer.

EXCELLENT! I was trying to be logical with it, but wanted to bounce the idea around.

Hey George, also thinking about going to tracks (nervous) so would you go ahead and break it up, wait till I know all the elements, or wait until the new software comes out?

I pretty much work an element at a time too, except for areas where all the props have to work together to achieve an effect.

NickByrd wrote:

... or wait until the new software comes out?

I'm no authority, so take my advice with a grain of salt. YMMV... What's good for the goose isn't necessarily good for the gander, and all that rot... but I'm recommending to my clients that they/we wait to do anything at all with the animation screen at this time.