Light-O-Rama Forums

Help Me Revamp 2011 Show

jim6918

I am looking to revamp my 2011 show somewhat. There are a few songs that I am getting bored with. I had them in my 2009 and 2010 shows both and they just don’t “do it” for me anymore, so I am soliciting suggestions to replace.

Blue Christmas by Elvis Cut from 2010 show at the beginning of the season.

Jingle Bell Rock by Bobby Helms

Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree by Brenda Lee

Blue Christmas is just too slow for my tastes, although I love Christmas Canon Rock by TSO. The other two are just boring now. I would like to replace them with something “Country” or “Traditional” but after hours of listening haven’t found anything that great. Any suggestions? I am sure I am missing lots of possibilities. Wife likes ‘em upbeat with lots of light action. I am already planning to add several additional TSO songs. The one “negative” comment I have ever received from anybody is usually from older people who don’t especially care for the techno songs, or anything jazzy. On the other hand I get rave reviews from the TSO and techno songs from younger people. I know you can’t please everybody all the time, but would like to have a well-rounded play list. I get quite a few buses from the nursing and care homes in the area so that’s at least part of my audience.

Here’s the current list of sequences:

Merry Christmas Charlie Brown

Audio Track

2010 Linus & Lucy

Simmons Version

A Holly Jolly Christmas

Burl Ives

All I Want for Christmas is You

Mariah Carey

Amazing Grace Techno

Holdman Version

A Soldier’s Silent Night

Father Tom

Blue Christmas

Elvis

Carol of the Bells

Monique Daniels

Christmas Canon Rock

TSO

Christmas Eve Sarajevo

TSO

Come all Ye Faithful/Joy to the World

TSO

Feliz Navidad

Jose Feliciano

Jingle Bell Rock

Bobby Helms

Mary’s Boy Child

Bonney M

Music Box Dancer

Holdman Version

Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree

Brenda Lee

THX Intro

Winter Wonderland

Holdman Version

Wizards in Winter

TSO

Here's my 2010 playlist. Maybe something will strike your fancy

Believe in Holiday Magic - Disney

Toy Sack - Bob Rivers

Boogie Woogie Santa - Brian Setzer Orchestra

Joy to the World - Go Fish

This Christmas Day - TSO

Reflections of Earth - Disney Epcot

Standing in Motion - Yanni

Xmas Eve Sarajevo - TSO

Carol of the Bells - David Foster

Rockin around the Xmas Tree - NewSong

Kay Thompsons Jingle Bells

House on Xmas st. - Judy Pancoast

Grinch - Whirling Dervish

To do list for 2011

Hot Chocolate - Polar Express

Boogie Woogie Choo choo - The Tractors

I think you should listen to the song "Sandstorm". You should like this song. Sure looks good in the Mattson display.

You also can try the song "Taking Care Of Christmas"

2011 will be my first year, so take my thoughts for what that's worth...

I'm doing Let it Snow by Ricochet (country group for those that don't know). It's a capalla. A fun one.

Another one you might consider is Drummer Boy by Go Fish. Lots of dynamics in this song.

Thanks for the replies. George is right, of course. You first have to like the song yourself or the creative genius won't happen. I don't know about anybody else, but I spend a lot of time watching out the windows (probably too much) and when a song comes on and even a couple of cars pull away, I go hmmm, I guess that don't like that song. Of course, they might just have to go pee for all I know. Guess I just worry too much. I didn't think my wife would like any of the techno songs, and she loves Amazing Grace, Music Box Dancer, and Winter Wonderland. Thank god for Richard Holdman.