Light-O-Rama Forums

Selecting a new computer monitor

tonyski

TJ Hvasta wrote:

I went with this set up.. gives me lots of acreage.. costs were a little high. had to go with my own moutain to house it all.. and I invited some of my friends to come help sequencing.. red, green LEDS on the right screens , blue on the left :D

Do you have stadium seating in you sequencing theater

MikeH wrote:

redsea300 wrote:
I am also running 2 24 inch Samsung Hd monitors. One for sequencing one for visualizer. I have pixs here.
http://www.hearthelights.com/html/programing.html

Why does it seem that when turned vertically the screen seems longer. Is this an optical illusion?

MikeH
It is longer when turned the monitors are 24 in but actually 21 wide by 14 high, so when you turn them they are now 21h by 14 wide. you can see about 100 channels going down in this direction.

redsea300 wrote:

MikeH wrote:
redsea300 wrote:
I am also running 2 24 inch Samsung Hd monitors. One for sequencing one for visualizer. I have pixs here.
http://www.hearthelights.com/html/programing.html

Why does it seem that when turned vertically the screen seems longer. Is this an optical illusion?

MikeH
It is longer when turned the monitors are 24 in but actually 21 wide by 14 high, so when you turn them they are now 21h by 14 wide. you can see about 100 channels going down in this direction.

ahhhhh!

TJ Hvasta wrote:

I went with this set up.. gives me lots of acreage.. costs were a little high. had to go with my own moutain to house it all.. and I invited some of my friends to come help sequencing.. red, green LEDS on the right screens , blue on the left :D

That setup was built in 1983! lol. I think you need to do a few upgrades TJ :D

I use my 52" LCD TV as my second monitor, lol. I do plan on getting another 24" monitor as well as building a new computer sometime in the near future... I never thought of turning my monitor on its side for sequencing... great idea to say the least!!! I might go with a third monitor just for this purpose, lol.