Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence

jajohnson

I emailed a sequence to a member. The member emailed back that the sequence was locked and could not be edited. Does anyone know why?

If the sequence was made on a Demo version of S2 software then it would not be able to be copied.

Also if the software used was an earlier version of the Basic S2 it may also be unable to be copied.

Not exactly Locked but an error on copy/paste would happen from the sequence created with a Demo version when used on a computer other than the original computer that created it.

Th motherboard went out on the computer that created the file. I replaced the motherboard, but am still using the same hard drive. My copy of the software is registered, but it may be the earlier version. I'm not where I can check it now. Where would this info be located?

jajohnson wrote:

jajohnson wrote:
I have 2.9.4 Basic
Is there a fix for this issue?

Not sure exactly what you are asking to be fixed.

Can you edit your own sequences, if YES then I don't think there is a fix.

If you are having problems cutting and pasting your own sequences then review the following thread.

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum80/22729-1.html

At this point I am not sure what type of file a Basic level software license produces.

If you open up one of your sequence files in Notepad and see XML tags then it is unencrypted. However if you can't see anything in Notepad but a Light-O-Rama statement then your files are encrypted and you cannot share them.

As long as you can edit your own files you do not have a problem.

Well,the fix I am referring to is, is my version of LOR (2.9.4)a demo only? Will I not be able to share any of my sequences? I just replied to a new post, where another member is having the same issue. Just wonderin.

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum72/25684.html

I opened the file that I sent to a member in Notepad as you suggested. I have this message at the top of the screen. Is this what you were referring to and what does it mean to me?

This file was created using the Limited Version of the *
* Light-O-Rama S2 Software Suite.

jajohnson wrote:

I opened the file that I sent to a member in Notepad as you suggested. I have this message at the top of the screen. Is this what you were referring to and what does it mean to me?

This file was created using the Limited Version of the *
* Light-O-Rama S2 Software Suite.

If that is the only thing you can read in the file then you cannot share your sequence files.

To share files they must show the XML tags if you don't see things like the following at the top of the file. Then you may not share a file. You will need to have a higher license level or call or email LOR support and ask at what license level are the sequence files no longer encrypted.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>

You can share your files. The person you share them with won't be able to copy and paste from them, but they can use them in all other ways. They can change them, they can play them, they can use them in their shows. They just can't copy and paste from them.

To remove this "copy and paste" limitation, you can register your license on the computer that the sequence was originally created on, and then resave that sequence on that computer.

If you no longer have access to that original computer, you can contact LOR Customer Support:

http://lightorama.com/support/