Light-O-Rama Forums

Can you copy/paste your channel names from one into another sequence?

tnevarez

I have 2 sequences done and am working on my third - is there anyway I can take the channel names from one of the ones I have done and copy/paste them into the new sequence? I can't for the life of me figure this out!

It takes so long to name and color code every channel - they are musical channels too!

Thanks,

~Teri in AZ

sure, use the channel import/export, load one of your completed sequences then select EDIT then Export/Import Channel Configuration, the first time select EXPORT...

from then on, when you begin a new sequence, the first thing you should do is EDIT then Export/Import Channel Configuration, then select IMPORT and select the filename that you exported above.

this will also bring in your animation window.

In the newer versions, when you create a sequence, in the creation dialog there is a box that lets you use an existing configuration.

you also set your preferneces under EDIT -> Preferences -> New Musical Preferences and specify the exported channel configuration file there.

once you do this, anytime you create a New Musical Sequence, your channels and animation are automatically imported.