Light-O-Rama Forums

Show editor question (I think)

vmcguffey

We have been doing this for a couple of years but feel like we're still Newbies! I'm sure this has been discussed but need to know pretty quickly: My husband wants to have the lights completely ON or OFF between songs in a show. I have tried several things but the lights just randomly flash. Can someone tell me?

In the show editor there is a box checked that says "turn used lights off at the end of each sequence" That should make all the lights go off that were used in the sequence.

Are you running a background sequence?

Are you running a startup sequence? There is also the same check box on the startup sequence screen.

Well, I have checked "turn off lights used in sequence" and also I have tried to make an animation (with no music) at the end of a show with all lights on, but I'm doing something wrong. I have also done an animation before my show with all lights on. There is a way to do it, isn't there?

"The lights randomly flash" sounds to me like perhaps multiple channels, perhaps but not necessarily in multiple sequences, are simultaneously trying to control the same channels.

I would suggest running the Verifier. It will check for this possibility, among others. Note that you should have your show that you want the Verifier to check scheduled. The show doesn't have to be running - only scheduled.